11

I sit in front of my piano, placing my fingers on the keys. I really don't have any new ideas for songs. I press down but nothing comes out.
I keep thinking about Rion, Zack said to send her flowers and so I did but I think that was stupid. We just met, I feel like I'm pushing her into something she doesn't want. She likes me, that's what matters.
I didn't write anything on the card besides my name, what do I say? I like you, here's some flowers...??? That's dumb. I just wanted her to know I was thinking of her. I'm always thinking about her. It's awful but she puts a smile on my face.
I stand from my piano and grab my beer, taking a sip. She left her beers here yesterday, I figured she wouldn't care if I drank them. She hasn't texted me all day, I don't think I should text her first. I already sent her flowers.
I sit down on my couch and flip through the channels. Nothing. My phone goes off and I pick it up to read the text, its from Rion. It says thanks for the flowers. A small smile spreads across my face, I'm happy to know that she didn't think it was creepy. I set my phone back down and grab my beer and take a sip. After a while I send her back a thumbs up and then head to bed.

My alarm goes off, I roll over and press the snooze button on my phone. Another long day at the studio, not having anything to write. You'd think I would have a million songs to write after Sarah and I's divorce but nothing is coming to me, I've never been one to write about my relationships. It would just feel weird to write about my divorce and she would know its about her too.
I pull myself out bed and make my way to my bathroom, after a long shower and breakfast I grab the things I need and then leave for the studio.
Once I get there I'm greeted by Zack who pats my shoulder before sitting back down.
"Any new ideas?" he asks and I just shake my head.
"I'm having a terrible case of writers block and I can't shake it." I shrug, setting my keys and phone down.
"Don't worry Butch is here to help all you need, he's in the studio talking to John." he gestures to the studio and I look to see the two talking.
"I just don't know what to do." I groan and flop myself down on the couch. My phone goes off but I choose to ignore it. Zack instead, picks it up and looks at the message.
"It's from that Rion girl. She asks if you want to hang out tonight" he looks from my phone to me and I smile.
"Give me my phone" I hold my hand out and he hands it over. I send her a text saying I would love to hang out and then stand up, shoving my phone in my back pocket, still holding a smile on my face. That girl always puts me out of a bad mood.
"Why not write a song about Rion, I'm sure you have a lot of ideas surrounded by her. Just look at that smile she put on your face" Zack tells me.
"I can't just...write a song about her. That's weird, we haven't known each other that long" I shrug and he laughs a little.
"But you wrote Sarah a song to try and win her over" he points out.
"Yeah and look where that got me" I scoff.
"You didn't get a divorce because you wrote her a song, you got a divorce cause she-" I cut him off, I know why, I don't want to hear it.
Zack shakes his head and taps on the glass. John and Butch look over and nod, coming out of the studio box.
"Are you ready to work on some music Brendon?" Butch questions.
"I don't have any fucking ideas" I groan, running my fingers through my hair.
"You've been like this for a month Brendon, maybe you should take a break for a little until something comes to you. We can't keep meeting up for you to not have any clue what you're going to write about"
"Thanks, wow. I'm leaving then" I say angrily, I grab my things and leave to my car. It's not my fault I can't think of anything, ever since Sarah and I got a divorce it's been hard. The only time I've ever been in a good mood was when I was hanging out with Rion. Thinking of her makes her makes me want to visit her...I shouldn't though, she's probably at work...I guess it wouldn't hurt to check on her at her apartment.
I begin to head over to her apartment, based on the address she gave me yesterday, when I get there I see her car and I smile a little. At the same time I was hoping she wasn't here so I wouldn't seem creepy. Too late now. I park my car and go up to her apartment. I'm about to knock when I hear yelling on the other side.
"I don't want to talk to you! You fucked me over so bad Taylor and I can't forgive you...ever!" she shouts. There's silence for a second and then Rion yells again.
"Well I'm glad he left you...was it all worth it now? Huh?...yeah that's what I thought." another long pause.
"Fuck you Taylor...I do actually have friends...his name is Dylan. I don't have to tell you anything. Goodbye" she yells and then there's thud and crying. Do I knock or do I just come in? I set my fingers on the nob and then find myself pushing it open.
"Rion?" I ask as I watch her cry on her couch. Her head shoots up, she looks at me with her tear filled her eyes and then clears her throat.
"Brendon...umm" she wipes her eyes.
"I'm sorry for just coming in...I heard you crying" I cough.
"It's fine...I didn't expect to see you till tonight" she stands and walks to a pile of broken glass. That must of been what the thud was from. "I was just fighting with umm my old friend" she begins to clean up the glass. I set my keys down and help her clean it up.
"You don't have to" she says, trying to clear her throat.
"It's okay...so why'd Taylor call you?" I ask remembering what that Taylor girl did. I could only imagine why she called Rion.
"She just-" she stops for a second. "Wanted to be friends again. Ian broke up with her and...I don't know I guess she thought even though she hurt me really bad, Ian leaving her would mean we could be friends again." she explains with a shrug.
"I'm sorry Rion...you're not thinking about being her friend again though?" I ask as I stand up with a large pile of glass.
"No" she laughs a little, placing her pile of glass in her trash and I do the same. 
"You need a drink" I tell her with a laugh.
"It's nine in the morning Brendon" she laughs too.
"Well how about some breakfast huh?"
"Is that a date proposal?" she raises her eyebrow.
"Only if that's what you want it to be?" I smirk. She just shakes her head and grabs her jacket from off a hook. That doesn't really answer my question but whatever. 

We get in the car and we agree on Denny's and once we get there we sit down to eat.
"Random question...if the guy that had an affair with Sarah was your best friend, would you be friends with him again if you got over it and moved on?" she asks and I raise my eyebrow.
"Probably not...he knew what he was doing, when he was doing it" I shrug, I couldn't imagine, any of my friends doing that to me. There's no way.
"Good, then you see my point." She nods.
"I saw your point before" I laugh.
"I just feel I need to clarify my reason to someone." she shrugs as she goes through the menu.
"You don't need to clarify anything to me Rion, I know exactly where you're coming from" I tell her and she nods with a smile.  

After breakfast, which was spent talking about anything we could think of, making it last 2 hours, we go back to her place to continue our conversation.
"I'm just saying, Who framed Roger Rabbit, could have been funnier" she laughs as we walk in her place.
"Come on, it's a classic. You can't say you didn't enjoy it" I scoff as I shut the door.
"I did...the first time I watched it, when I was 9."
"When was that? 5 years ago?" I joke and she lightly slaps my chest with a laugh.
"We could talk about this all day...or you could show me how good you are on a guitar?" she raises her eyebrow.
"I don't have a guitar with me?" I tell her. She leaves the room and soon comes back with an acoustic guitar. She places it in my hands and I look over it, I find a signature from Freddie Mercury. "Wow, is this real?" I ask pointing to it and she nods.
"This was my dad's..." she smiles. "Before I was born he followed Queen around everywhere. He got this signature the same day he met my mom. He said he knew my mom was the one because if he hadn't ran into her 4 minutes before, he wouldn't have caught Freddie." I smile widely at her story.
"How is your dad?" I ask her and her head drops.
"He died...when I was 10. It sucks cause we were so close, we did everything together. He gave me that guitar a week before he died. It was a car wreck" she gulps down her tears. "A 10 car pile up...my mom and I were so devastated. It was just the two of us after that..." she shakes her head as she sits down.
"I'm sorry" I sit down next to her and she shakes her head.
"That was like 12 years ago, anyways...show me Mr. celebrity. How good are you?" she asks, pushing the guitar into my chest. I smile and then put the guitar on my knee.
"What do you want me to play?" I ask.
"An original" she smirks and I roll my eyes. The first song that comes to mind is Victorious just because I like to play it on guitar.
I play it and she nods along, getting into it and I laugh a little. When I'm done I set the guitar down.
"You are amazing Brendon...wow" she shakes her head. "I should listen to your music more often."
"Stop it" I shrug her off, I blush a little even though I'm use to that compliment, it's different when she does it because I like her so much and she doesn't know my music. It's like having a whole new audience.
"No wonder you're so big, you deserve it." her hand flies up and lands on my upper arm. I shrug and then lean back.
"This is weird but do you...smoke?" she asks and I sit back up.
"Like what?" I ask, if she smokes weed, I'm marrying her right now.
"Weed?" she asks and I nod quickly.
"Cool cause I've had some for a while but...no one to smoke it with" she stands and goes to her kitchen, she comes back with a grinder, a bag of weed, some papers and a lighter.
"I can't believe you smoke, this is so awesome...how long have you been smoking?" I ask as she sits on the floor in front of her coffee table, setting it up.
"Since I was like...14? How about you?" she asks.
"12"
"12?" she laughs, she looks shocked.
"Well...it was peer pressure. It's really stupid, I was sitting at the park with my friend and this dude came up to us and asked if we wanted to smoke some weed, I didn't know what it was but I said yeah and he gave it to us and...I know you usually don't get high your first time but I got so stoned." I tell her my story with a laugh.
"Oh my god, that's amazing. For me, Taylor and I were hanging out and Taylor had brought this friend over and she had asked if we smoked weed, Taylor said yeah and I didn't want to seem like a prude so I said yes and she gave us some, the first feeling I got...I was so afraid I was going to die or some shit, I sat in the corner for like 10 minutes trying to bring myself down and Taylor was telling me everything would be okay, I ended up passing out" she tells me and I laugh.