24

I wake up and stretch a little, getting that amazing feeling you get when you stretch in the morning, letting out that roar.
I turn over and look at the sheets all crumpled, remembering that I'm in Brendon's apartment. We got back from tour a few days ago and I've been staying at his place ever since, not my choice of course but I don't mind either. I slide out of bed and set my feet down and then stand up. I walk out into the living room and there Brendon is with his computer on the coffee table, looking at his phone.
"Hey Brendon" I say to get his attention. He jumps a little and then turns to me.
"Morning gorgeous. Breakfast is waiting for you, I'll be over there in a second. Working on this song" he informs me and I just nod, going to the table that has bacon, eggs and waffles waiting for me. I sit down in front of the plate and begin eating.
Brendon comes in after a minute or two and makes himself a glass of orange juice and sits down next to me.
"How'd you sleep?" he asks before taking a sip of his drink.
"Great actually, I love waking up in that soft bed but I do have to go back home soon. Can't live here forever" I tell him.
"You could move in, if you want" he offers and I shake my head.
"We haven't even known each other half a year yet boy. Chill" I push against his chest and he laughs.
"Fine but you will move in with me eventually, right?" he asks like he's unsure.
"Of course Bren" I smile at him and take a bite of my eggs. "For now I just sleep here, hang out here, eat here and have a suite case of my things here." I point out sarcastically. "I haven't been to my apartment since before tour. That's a long time Brendon"
"So?" he asks like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.
"As a 25 year old independent woman, I would love to go back to my apartment and live by myself" I state.
"Well that sucks." he jokes and I nudge him. He takes a sip of his drink and then his face gets serious.
"Not that I want to label us but what're are we?" he asks. "What is this?" he gestures between us and I shrug.
"Want do you want it to be?" I ask, knowing what he wants but I like to make him work for it.
"I don't want to say it because it's sound so...high school" he cringes.
"You want me to be your girlfriend?" I ask.
"If that's what you want to call it" he shrugs.
"Ask me properly" I nod once.
"Alright" he clears his throat, grabbing my hand. "Rion, Rion Night...ever since I met you, I knew there was something special about you that I needed in my life. You give me butterflies in my stomach and you make my head go fuzzy when I look at you. You are everything I didn't know I needed until I met you so, will you please take part in being my girlfriend?" he asks romantically but I can tell there's humor in it.
"Mmmm" I pretend to ponder. "I'll think about it" I joke and walk away, leaving him speechless. He chases after me, wrapping his arms around me but I pull away, running to the bedroom and plopping on the bed, he comes in and hovers over me for a second.
"Say you'll date me" he orders and I shake my head. "Say it" he pulls his hands up to make it looks like claws but I shake my head again. He begins to tickle me like in one of those romantic scenes in a movie that makes you all giddy.
"Alright! Alright" I shout, pushing is hands away laughing. "On one condition" I joke.
"What?" he raises his eyebrow.
"I get to be the girlfriend" I say with a laugh.
"Aww, I wanted to be the girlfriend" he pretend pouts.
"Too bad, I called it" I lean over and kiss his cheek but he's quicker than me, he turns his head so I kiss his lips. I lightly slap him and then move so I can sit next to him. "That was probably the cheesiest thing I've ever done" I tell him and he nods, agreeing with me.
My phone goes off so I pull off the nightstand and read the message from Dylan asking what time he wanted to hang out, remembering that he made me promise I would see him when I got back.
"Fuck" I state blankly.
"What" Brendon asks, turning his head to look at my message. "Dylan?" He says like it's no big deal but he isn't a good liar. I know exactly what's going on in his mind. He doesn't want me to hang out with Dylan because he knows Dylan has a thing for me. I get it but unfortunately for him, I am going to hang out with Dylan because I wouldn't do anything with Dylan and he knows that.
"It's alright Brendon, do you trust me?" I ask.
"Of course" he nods. "I just don't trust him"
"You should trust me enough to know that nothing is going to happen. If he puts the moves on me, I'll leave but he shouldn't because I've made it very clear I don't like him"
"I wasn't going to keep you from seeing him, it just threw me through a loop for a second" he shrugs.
"Sure" I laugh and then pull myself off the bed. He grabs me by the waist and pulls me in.
"What're you doing?" He asks.
"Getting ready to hang out with Dylan" I tell him and I can feel him shake his head against my back.
"No, no. He can't have you. I just got you"
"I know, I'll be back." I pull his arms off me so I can turn to face him. But he shakes his head. "How about I go hang out with Dylan and to make up for it, I'll work for you-oh wait" I say sarcastically.
"Very funny" he sighs.
"How about this, let go of me and I'll spend the rest of the week here" I plan. He pulls away nodding and I roll my eyes. This boy is going to be the death of me.