18

I should have known it was Brendon...when I walked into my boss' office that day. I should have known that was his way of getting closer to me even though I was so pissed at him for what he had said. But I hadn't put two and two together at the time. I didn't even remember the name of his band so of course when my boss told me about the job offer for it, I didn't think of it all.
But I should have known.
I didn't.
When my boss told me he was giving me this job because it was great for my career I thought it was great, he was sad to see me leave but I would making more money, he told me. He said I would get to travel all the time, all expenses paid. So I took the job and left my place of work the next day, without even telling Dylan.
He called the following day to ask me what happened and I told him of course. He was happy and sad, happy I would have a great job, traveling and everything...if I had just told Dylan who I'd be working for...I wouldn't be standing here in Brendon's hotel room making out with him.
I know, I'm with Ian and Brendon was a jerk before but let me back track and rethink how I got here.

It was 2 weeks ago...I came into Opus Reps like I did everyday, ready to do more work as usual. Then my boss called me into his office. With a large sigh, I went in with a smile on my face. He told me to have a seat and so I did.
"Rion, I have so great news for you!" he exclaimed with great enthusiasm, folding his hands together on the top of his desk and then he continued. "The tour manager from Panic! at the Disco called and said he really loved your work. He has a job offer, tour photographer. It pays well, better than us, I'd hate to admit. You'd get to travel all the time, everything paid for. I'd hate to see you leave but I am not going to get in the way of you getting more experience." he explained and my mind went blank. Of course I wanted this job.
"You can take the job, I'm fine with it but if you say no, I'll have to fire you because if I do, it will make you want that job more. So, what'd you say?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.
"Y...yeah. Yes" I told him, trying to find my words. I was speechless.
"Great, you start in 2 days. All the luck to you Rion" he nodded and I left his office.

The next day I came to collect the rest of my things and then I left, without a word. I was so excited to start this new job...I wasn't even thinking about who I was working for.
Then Dylan called.
"Why weren't you at work today Rion? What's up?" he asked.
"I...I got a new job." I told him.
"Oh really! I'm so happy for you. Is it good?"
"Yes. Yeah, the pay is great and I'll get to travel more." I explained and that was the end of that conversation because he had gone on to talk about his newest dog. If he would have just asked me who it was for.

And then I went to the address I was given, a studio in downtown LA. I knocked on the door and was greeted by a man. I told him who I was and then sat down awaiting what I didn't know then would be the death of me.
Afterwards came a series of meeting with faces I had never seen. They showed me the ropes and then threw me in after only 3 days.
My first day actually taking photographs was pretty simple, it was the first day of a 2 month tour and I was so excited to be starting it, I had yet to meet this famous band I would be photographing every night. I was thrilled...until I saw him. He came in, wearing a gold, shiny blazer over a black t shirt, black pants and some dress shoes. His hair was styled up and his eyes looked darker than the last time I had saw them. His eyes landed on mine and then darted away, I felt the wind get knocked out of me. I was so confused as to why he was there. I walked right up to him to talk but he got taken to another room by Zack.
That night, I never got to speak to him. I went out in front of the stage without any argument and took pictures of this man and his band members and the crowd behind me. I didn't see him after the show at all, I looked for him. I wanted to confront him, I wanted to know if he was the reason I worked for them.

The next day I was determined to speak to him. So in the morning I marched over to his hotel room which was indeed fancier than any of the rest of ours but I didn't think much about it. I banged on his door and moments later I was greeted by a tired, messy haired, half naked Brendon.
"Rion?" he asked as soon as he saw me. I pushed past him too pissed off to care if I was being rude or not.
"Are you the reason?" I asked him, he walked closer to me. He grabbed his pants from off the floor and slid them on.
"The reason for what?" he questioned me, furrowing his eyebrows.
"The reason I work for your band Brendon!" I shouted at him, angrily pushing my hair back. I sat down on his bed, glaring at him.
"I don't understand" he laughed, pulling his shirt on.
"Don't play stupid Brendon, I got a job offer 5 days ago for this job and now here the fuck I am! You did it so you could be closer to me. Didn't you?" He stood there looking dumbfounded, like he had been found it out...because he had. His response told a different story.
"No, I had no idea you would be working for us. I'm glad you are though Rion." he winked and I rolled my eyes. I knew he was lying then but I wasn't sure. So I just left his room and went back to mine.
I needed to quit this job, even though this job was something I wanted to do for so long, I couldn't bring myself to being okay with working with him...at least not then.
I called my old boss and told him I couldn't work for these people. He refused to listen, he told me he wouldn't rehire me, even if I didn't like the people, the experience was something I needed.
I had no place else to go, this was my only option. So I stayed, I could do my job without having to interact with Brendon.
The following week consisted of fun traveling, loud concerts every night and avoiding any interactions with Brendon. It was mostly unsuccessful as he was the only person I knew. He would talk to me before and after every show, mostly about my pictures, I tried to give as little response as I could. One time he even forced me to hang out with him.

Which brings me to this week. We just started getting closer and I let it happen because I started falling for him again. As the days got longer and the touring became exhausting Brendon and I just wanted to end our days together, just like how we use to be. Talking all the time, getting high and drinking. When we were at The Statue of Liberty is when I realized that I was in love with him. I forgot about Ian and Dylan. Brendon was the only person that was on my mind, always. I should say is now even.

So that explains it, that explains why I'm here at 2 am making out with Brendon, knowing now it this is probably the best decision I can make for myself.