35

A/N: Hi I'm a dumbass lmao. So for the first... lot of chapters of this story I spelled Rians name Rion. And I guess after so many days off of writing I forgot and spelled Rians name as such. Well fuck, I like Rian better than Rion so we're spelling it Rian from now. You'd think after over 2 years of writing I'd know what the fuck is up but hahAHAHA no.

"Ryan" I say as I see him walk through the door. I feel frozen just as I did when I saw Rian fall of stage. My breath seems to have disappeared.
"Brendon" He lets it out with a sigh. "You can probably guess that Zack sent me because Sarah is here. How have you been?" He asks and I'm still too in shock from seeing Sarah and Ryan and to top it all my girlfriend is in a coma. Is Zack trying to send me into cardiac arrest?
"I..." I let out finally. The first thing I've spoken to Ryan in years. "I'm umm, pretty shitty." I nod. His expression turns sour as he looks at me. "Right now there are 3 people in this room that I can say I have loved deeply. But the one who I want to hear me say that is in a coma." I look at Ryan and Sarah. They both look at their feet for a second and back up. "Rian and I are pretty happy together and for some reason the universe doesn't want me to be happy." I laugh a little at the shitty irony. "I mean, first-you Ryan. I fall in love with you, the first guy I have ever loved and then you left me. It took me a long time to get over you, I never thought I'd be happy ever again" I pause looking to Sarah. "And then I met you Sarah and I was happier then I had ever been in a long time. We had 10 amazing years together and then you cheated on me, leaving me to feel sorry for myself and wishing I was dead sometimes" I pause again turning to Rian. "And then I met you Rian and I swear I have never fell harder before. And we finally started dating and you make me so happy and now you're lying in this bed, asleep...for who knows how long" I begin to cry. I feel a familiar hand on my shoulder and I turn to see Ryan there looking just as upset as me. For some reason, I turn and I pull him in for a hug. I feel safe in his arms for some reason. He pulls away after a few seconds and doesn't say anything.
"Why did you come here?" I ask the two. They pause and look at each other and then back at me.
"I fucked up really bad when I hurt you Brendon. I wrecked you and took everything away from you. And she...she makes you happy. She fixed what I destroyed. I still love you in a way that you're my friend, I want you to be happy and this whole thing really sucks for you and I need to know that you'll be okay." Sarah explains and I nod, not really knowing what to say.
"It's been a long time since we've talked Bren...we were in love and never got to experience each other. I know I never will now but that's fine because I want you to be happy. And I know she does. So like Sarah said, I have to know if you're okay" Ryan also explains.
"You've never needed to know before. Why didn't you come when Sarah and I divorced?" I point out.
"No one told me about you and Sarah. Zack texted me yesterday and told me about Rian and how heart broken you are about her. Plus she didn't hurt you. This was a wake up call for me. I've wanted to be in your life for so long and this really gave me the push I needed"
"In all my years I never thought I'd be face to face with you again and this is what brings us together. A tragedy" I shake my head.
"And I'm sorry that this had to be what made me come back. I didn't think you wanted me to be around you" Ryan says and I just shake my head.
"It's fine, I'm kind of glad you're back." I admit and then pull him in for another guy.
"I'm going to leave but I'm glad you're okay Brendon" Sarah smiles and then leaves. Ryan pulls away and pats my shoulder.
"Let's get you out of this hospital and into a shower" Ryan offers and I give him a defeated nod.

Ryan and I go to my apartment and our ride is full of laughs and catching up and being with him again makes me happy for some reason. This is the man who broke my heart so long ago, I haven't seen him in years and now I'm sitting in my car laughing with him like we have never parted.
Once we arrive at my apartment we go inside and I go to the shower.
The warm water feels amazing, now that I'm in the shower it feels like it has been a long time since I've showered.
When I get out after a long time because I got distracted by my thoughts I find Ryan in my room looking at photos.
He looks up as soon as I'm in the room and he freezes.
"Hey...sorry-I was just-" he cuts himself off.
"It's fine" I laugh a little. I wouldn't have expected anything else from him.
"Brendon she is beautiful" he tells me as he shows me a picture frame with a picture of Rian and I. I smile a little and nod, then I realize I'm still in just a towel.
"Uh thanks, can I Uh- get dressed?" I ask with some humor behind it so it doesn't sound demanding.
"Oh shit! Yeah" he stands quickly and then leaves the room.
Once I'm dressed I go out to the living room and see Ryan sitting at the table. When he sees me he smiles and sets his phone down.
"Look at you. You look better. Less tired" Ryan points out.
"Thanks...I guess. This whole thing with Rian being in the hospital is really taking a tole on me" I tell him, running a hand through my wet hair.
"We need to get you drunk" Ryan stands. "Take a load off."
I give him a worried look which he reads automatically.
"Rian will be okay Brendon. She'll wake up" he assures me and I just nod. Maybe getting drunk isn't the worst idea. Rian would probably want me to drink.

"Ryan...I love you" I tell him as we sit at the bar of some night club that is mostly for college kids. He doesn't respond and just looks at me with a smile. "I was in love with you and then you left" I turn back to my whiskey and take a drink. I can't even feel anything anymore. All I know is I love Ryan and I love Rian. Looking at Ryan reminds me of how in love I was with him and how much I still am in love with him. His brown eyes, his bright smile, and he looks great with a beard.
Before I can stop myself I'm kissing him. He pulls away instantly.
"Brendon we can't." He sighs wiping his mouth.
"Yes we can Ryan. I love you" I move closer to him.
"I know but you're drunk and in a relationship"
Shit he's right. I'm in love with Rian even more than I could be with Ryan.
"I'm sorry" I bite my lip. How could I be so stupid? Rian is laying in the hospital and I'm trying to make out with a guy I use to be in love with.
"Maybe it's time for bed?" Ryan suggests and I just nod.