6

It's been 2 months since I started here in LA and it's safe to say this city is kicking my ass.
My apartment is way smaller than I thought. It's a studio apartment and it's a little crummy. The sink in the kitchen is broken so I have to do the dishes in the bathroom. The plumber can't be here till next week.
The shower stops working mid shower so I have to sit in my bathroom with hair full of shampoo for at least 5 minutes waiting for the water to turn back on. The second day I was here a homeless man-or woman I really couldn't tell, licked my finger.

I walk into work and go straight to my desk, I haven't really made any friends since I've been here.
I'm not in the mood for friends because of Taylor. After I left the apartment I went to another friends house and I stayed the night. The next day I went back over and started packing for my move and if it she hadn't pushed the knife further in my back, she had Ian there with her. I said nothing to her until I was done, right before I left to go back to Josh's because he agreed to let me stay with him until I left for LA.
What I said to her still stays in my mind because of how she responded.
I said: I don't understand how you could be so okay with stabbing me in the back? We've been best friends since I can remember and here you are my so called "best friend" sitting with my ex...but I guess I'm happy you did this. Clearly we aren't that good of friends at all. I hate you and I never want to see you again, I'm so happy I'm moving away. I regret ever being upset about moving away from you. Have a nice life you bitch.
All she did to respond was shrug. I can't believe she just shrugged. She is the reason I will never have a friend here. Who needs them? They just stab you in the back in the end.
"Rion, there's a meeting in 2 minutes" the office secretary tells me and I nod. I grab my pen and a notepad and go into the meeting room.
When I get inside I take my usual seat, by the door. Other people file in after me and sit down. The boss is the last person to come in.
"Hello everyone. It's good to see you all." He begins. "First things first, as you remember, Cover Girl hired us to do a photo shoot for them which occurred on Friday. I got an email this morning from them telling me how amazing we did. So congratulations to Megan and Lu" he looks to them with a nod and we all clap for them.
"We have a photo shoot on Monday for a band called Panic! at the Disco. It's really just one person but he goes by a name. Anyways, who wants to do that?" He asks but no one hands are raised. No one likes to do photo shoots for bands because they are usually on some type of drug that doesn't let them comprehend what's going and they're assholes so you can imagine how hard they are to work with.
"No one? Come on!" He begs. He looks around the room for a second, deciding on who he will make do it. "Alright, Rion. You're up. This will be your first photo shoot so-have fun. Dylan, you'll go with as backup" he orders and I groan in my head. Not only do I have to do a photo shoot for a band but I have to do with it Dylan. He's so lazy. But I can't say anything because it's my first one where I'm in charge, usually I'm the backup.
"That's it everyone. See you next week" he dismisses us.
"So Rion" Dylan catches me as we all walk out. "Our first rodeo together. Bet we'll have lots of fun" he nudges me and walks away. No, we won't.
------
Today's the day and I'm kind of excited because it's my first actual photo shoot. Where I'm in charge and I get to take the pictures but also I have to deal with some trashy dude who thinks he's wonderful. He asked that we do it at his house and I bet that's a mess, beer cans and bottles everywhere. Trash. Ugh.
I grab my camera bag from off my desk and go to the car that's outside. I also need a background and lights.
Dylan should be getting them so all I have to do is wait on him.
After 3 minutes of waiting he finally puts the stuff in the car and then gets in the passenger seat.

"Are you excited? You know cause it's a celebrity?" Dylan asks half way there.
"No" I laugh a little. "It's a band member. He's probably gross, doesn't take a shower and his house is probably trashed" I sigh.
"No, he's actually a really cool guy. His name is Brendon Urie. He's 30, he's married to a woman named Sarah and his house is nice." He informs me.
"How do you know all this?" I ask him.
"I do research." He shrugs and I nod. Didn't realize he does that because of how lazy he comes off. "So Rion, I've been meaning to ask..." he sits up and looks at me and I raise my eyebrows. "Do you want to be friends?"
"Umm" I clear my throat. I wasn't expecting that question. "I don't know, I'm really not in the mood for friends right now. My last friend fucked me over" I shrug.
"Oh shit, what'd they do?" He asks, seeming kind of happy to be receiving this "juicy" information.
"She uh- wait why do you care?"
"I don't know, you seem cool but you're so closed off at work. It's like you don't want friends- wait, is that it? You don't want friends because your last one fucked you over?" He figures it out.
"Well look at you, Sherlock, you solved the case. Yes, if you must know. It happened right before I came here so I told myself to stay closed away from everyone until I got to know everyone more. I don't want to end up like I did before. It hurt, what she did" I explain.
"So what'd she do?"
"I'd tell you but...we're here" I smile as we pull into the driveway. There's a gate with a buzzer so I pull up to it and click the button.
"Hi, my names Rion Night. I'm here from Opus Reps, for the photo shoot" I say and then there's a buzz and the doors open. I drive through and then park in front of a garage.
"I'm going to go in and introduce myself. Can you start bringing stuff in?" I ask.
"Sure, I'll just bring in the tripod, the lights and the giant white sheet."
He says sarcastically.
"I'll be back in like a minute to help Dylan" I try to persuade him and it works cause he lets out an annoyed sigh and then an okay. I pull the keys from the ignition and slide them in my pocket and the grab my camera from the back seat.
I walk up to the door and knock. I'm greeted by a tall bulky man with a scruffy beard and glasses.
"Hi I'm Zack" he smiles and reaches his hand out and I shake it.
"Rion" I smile. He lets out a small laugh and then let's me in.
I walk in and see a shorter man, with black hair gelled up, wearing a golden blazer, a black shirt and some leather looking pants. He's fucking hot. Honestly. Is that Brendon? I was so off about him, and his house is big and nice so far. I watch for a second as he sips on his beer.
"Brendon, this is...Rion" Zack gets his attention. Brendon turns his attention to me and smiles, setting his beer down.
"Sorry, what's your name?" He asks coming closer to me.
"...Rion" I tell him and his face turns up a little more. What's so funny about my name? I know it's a boy name but we're all adults here.
"It's nice to meet you Rion." He shakes my hand.
It's nice to meet you too, I think to myself but do not say out loud for some reason. He's very attractive. His smile is adorable, he seems to be a very nice guy as I can tell.