49

"Brendon I love you but I am mentally and physically drained. Thank you for trying to help me, I love that you are so hell bent on trying to take that man down. But I have made my peace with it. And I see that you can't. So I'm not going to sit here and watch you slowly go insane over a problem that isn't even yours. Please don't try and get in contact with me. I'll speak with you when I'm ready. I really love you and some day maybe after all this has blown away you and I can try again. But right now I need some space. I hope you understand.
I love you.
-Truly Yours, Ri.
I set the note down on the kitchen table with a few things he's given me over our time together. I gather my things and go down to my car. I decided to just drive to my moms. It'll give me time to think. Brendon will be back here in 2 hours. So I have to get on the road now.

Almost 3 hours later and my phone starts to go off. Brendon. I told him not to call me or text me but there his number is. I knew he would do it I was just hoping he wouldn't.
I grab my phone and turn it off, letting the silence consume me and take over my thoughts.
I thought Brendon was the love of my life, the guy I was going to marry. But things don't always work out I guess. I love him and I always will but he wanted to chase something I didn't. I won't be around to help him win this case but maybe his next girlfriend will.
I love him and I hope he does well in everything he does as he already has.

It's about 1 am when I decide to stop at a motel and sleep for the night. My moms house is only a few more hours away but I'm too sleepy. I unlock my phone reluctantly and see many texts and calls from Brendon and other people Brendon is associated with. I decide to ignore all of them. All except one from Brendon.
Rian! Please come back. I love you so much and I never meant to push you away. I just wanted what was best for you. I'm sorry I couldn't see that what was best for you wasn't that. Please just come back.
I shed a few tears as I read the message over and over. I can't get myself to want to go back right now. I need space. Not just from him but from the whole mess.
I lock my phone and lay down. My phone dings again. I ignore it and close my eyes. Letting sleep take me away.
I wake up to my alarm going off. 9 am. I groan and sit up. I go to the bathroom, take a shower and leave again.

I finally get to my moms at 2pm. She doesn't know I'm coming so this outta be good.
I wipe my eyes as ive been crying for the past couple hours and knock on her door.
After a few moments the door opens.
"Rian?" She says and grabs me for a hug. "Baby what are you doing here?"
"I" i sniff. "I need to talk to you"
"What's wrong?" She asks, pulling back, pushing my hair away from my face. I say nothing and come in, plopping down on the couch.
"I broke up with Brendon" I cry.
"What? Why?"
"He was just too...invested in something that I asked him to leave alone" I explain, trying to not tell her what happened.
"What was it?"
"That's not important. I just want some space from him, I have to go back to pack up my apartment anyways"
She about to say something when her house phone starts ringing.
"One second" she gets up and goes to the kitchen. After a few minutes she comes back in with a weird smile and sits down. "Honey everything will be okay. Once you see Brendon again you'll make up and be together again."
"When I see him again? I don't want to see him ever" I tell her.
"I know you feel like that way now. But you'll feel better when you see him"
"I just need some time" I sigh. Laying down on the couch.
"Do you really think I'm going to let you move here, away from your dream?"
"Yeah but I work for him. I can't work for ex boyfriend"
"You can find another job in LA."
"Why can't I get one here. And be with you?"
"Because you're an adult and it's time you start acting like one. You broke up with Brendon so you're not a loud to be sad."
"I know but I am. I had to do what was right for me mom."
"How is you leaving Brendon good for anyone? Your hurt, he's hurt. Im a little hurt."
"How?"
"I thought you were going to be happy in LA with him and instead you're here crying on my sofa"
"Okay, I drove all this way. Can I at least sleep here tonight? Please and we can talk about it tomorrow"
"Fine. Fine" she stands. "I'll make you some lunch." She stands.
My mom has always tried to be her best, sometimes she comes off a little mean but I can see that's she's trying.