33

I watched it happen. It was in slow motion but happened in seconds. I couldn't move, I was frozen with fear.
As soon as it started, I stopped everything but the band kept playing. They hadn't seen it until after it already ended. Though I was watching because I always watch her.
She was standing on a high-rise, trying to get a good picture of us performing. She had taken a few already, I could tell. She had looked through some and then took another and that's when her foot slipped, she tried to catch the bar but she missed and fell to the floor, dropping almost 40 feet.
As soon as her foot slipped, everything in my body stopped. I tried to scream her name but my mouth couldn't move-nothing could move.
I was frozen with fear, fear of what was about to happen. My eyes followed her body as it fell to the ground. The people surronding her didn't notice for almost a full minute but looking at my face they could tell something was wrong.

"Brendon, what-" Dallon came up to me as the music stopped behind me, everyones eyes followed my gaze and they saw my girlfriend laying on the floor, her body motionless. It felt like forever for Zack's voice to yell to call 9-1-1. I was still frozen for what seemed like years. And then I leaped forward, not caring if people grabbed me or called my name but from what I remember no one did, they all watched me rush to her side in silence. Maybe they were afraid to. I dropped to my knees next to her body and turned flipped her on her back. Zack was right behind me. She wasn't moving.
Everything was in slow motion. I felt Zack grab my arms and pull me up as I watched paramedics rush to her side. Zack pulled me away but I begged him to let me go. He wouldn't, so I watched the paramedics check for a pulse and when one of them yelled that they had finally had one I felt everything fast forward to normal time and like I could breathe again.

That was almost 2 weeks ago, she's been in a coma ever since. She hasn't woken up or even moved a finger. I'm so worried. People have come and gone, trying to wake her but nothing. I haven't left the hospital for anything. I don't remember the last time I've slept or ate...or showered even. Though Zack has come by to try to convince me to leave, I refused. I couldn't-I can't leave her.

I watch her as she sleeps, I can't look away, I feel like if I do something will happen. The doctors said there was some internal bleeding a few punctured organs but they fixed all of it, I paid for everything, not sparing a dime. She should be awake now! She should be fine.
I feel a soft hand on my shoulder and I look up to meet the owner-Sarah.
"S-Sarah?" I let out.
"Zack told me you're having a hard time right now...he told me everything. Brendon, I am so...sorry" she sighs and sits down next to me.
"Why are you here?" I ask, trying to keep my composure.
"Zack said he tried everything to get you to at least...take a shower-everything besides me" she states.
"And why would my cheating ex-wife get me away from my girlfriend who is in a coma? I'm sorry I don't want to leave her here unattended. I mean, what if she were to wake up and there be no one to comfort her. She'll be so confused and who will tell her what's going on?" I begin to get angry.
"You guys have no idea what it's like to be me right now. The woman I love more than anything or anyone is laying in a hospital bed in a coma. She fell off a fucking high-rise for god's sake. You of all people should not be here." I tell her, standing now.
"Brendon I'm so-" she starts but I cut her off.
"No, you're not. Get out. Just get the fuck out" I shout. She drops her head and then walks towards the door without another word. The next person to come in, leaves me breathless.
"Ryan?" I whisper.