34

*2 weeks ago*

There's no cell reception here! What the hell?! I tuck my phone in my pocket and turn around to see Zack coming towards me, walking to the front of the venue.
"Great! Just the girl I wanted to see" he smiles at me and then wraps his arm around my shoulder. "I need you to take pictures from a different angle."
"Uh, what angle then?" I ask him, pulling away from his arm.
"A higher angle...from this" he points to a high-rise that swings around the top of the venue, I'd be able to get a lot of great shots from that high.
"Uh okay...do you want me to do that for the whole show?" I question.
"Try to do both angles, both angles are great we just need this one" he points to the high-rise.
"Okay, you bet Zack" I pat his back and then go backstage, I have to figure out my plan for that but I'm sure it will work out.

As I look through my notes that I took while touring the venue, a hand covers my eyes and I smirk because I know the owner of the hand.
"Listen, I'm really busy" I laugh. The hand goes from in front of my eyes to my waist and then spins me around. There Brendon is with a bouquet of flowers in front of my face.
"Happy 5 months" he smiles and I playfully glare at him. I take the flowers and smell them.
"Thanks, they're beautiful." I sigh, setting them down and then turning to my notes.
"What?" he asks, walking around to be in front of me.
"Nothing, I just have to change my ideas for tonight because Zack wants me to get some shots from a high-rise," I tell him
"A high-rise," he asks like he's never heard of one before. I nod and then sit down with my notes.
"You seem very stressed about this, aren't you just taking pictures?" he sits down across from me, pulling my notebook towards him.
"Yes but I have to have an action plan, I can't just go in all over the place. I have to figure out where I'll get the best angles and make sure fans don't drag me in with them. I have to make sure I know when the best shots will happen, how to arrange them so that they look nice. That's like asking you 'don't you just sing'" I explain.
"Alright, calm down. I didn't realize that there was more to it than just clicking a button" he defends himself.
"It'll be fine, I think I got a good idea of what to do while I'm up there" I take my notes back and write in some extra things.
"Brendon" Zack's voice calls from the front of the room. Brendon and I both look up at him. "Half an hour until show time, go get ready" he demands.
"Alright, cool." Brendon gets up from his seat. He walks over to me, leans down and presses his lips to mine. "I'll see you out there beautiful" he smiles and then leaves the room.
I fix a few things in my notebook and then grab my things and go out to the front.

I felt my foot slip, my body freeze, and sheer panic course through me all at the same time as I fell off the high-rise. My breath left my body and shock coursed through me. Although the time it took me to land on the floor was probably 2 seconds, it felt like hours. As cliche as it sounds my life flashed before my eyes.
Being born, my mother, school, being with Ian, Brendon. Brendon was the last thing I saw before everything went black.
I could no longer see, hear or breath but I felt like I was still alive. I couldn't feel pain from what had happened although I knew it did. I was aware of a lot, I knew I was still on the floor when I was, I felt aware of when I was being touched or moved but I was unable to speak or hear. I was sure Brendon was the hands that were touching me the most but that might have been a doctor or paramedic, it was just me hoping it was Brendon.

I'm not sure where I am now or what's happening, after a while I couldn't feel anymore. It felt like-it still feels like I'm just floating in blackness. I want to scream, I want to tell someone what I'm feeling, anything.