10

Once I'm outside of this apartment building I go to my car and just sit in it for a second. I need to regain my composure. I throw my head in my hands and let out a large sigh. What the fuck just happened?
A knock on my window makes me jump. I pull away from my hands and see Brendon standing there looking worried.
"Can we talk?" Brendon questions and I nod, he goes around to the passenger side and opens it, getting in. There's a long silence for a second before he speaks. "Rion, I'm sorry I kissed you- well I'm not because I enjoyed, I'm sorry if you didn't like it. I just kissed you because...I don't know, I like you and I thought why the hell not? I took a chance to see what would happen" he explains.
"You like me?" I question, clearing my throat.
"Yes I do Rion, a lot. I know we just met but there's something about you" he shrugs.
"I'm...I'm flattered Brendon really and I like you too. I just, I'm not one hundred percent over my breakup. I'm not ready to move on. I'm sorry. We can be friends" I smile a little.
"For now?" It comes out as a question and I laugh a little.
"For now." I nod. "I promise, the second I'm feeling up to it, I'll call you" I joke...kind of.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to rush into anything, we did just meet today. I just like you." He shrugs.
"I like you too Brendon" I smile. He grabs my hand and just holds it.
"Rion" he shakes his head a little with a small laugh.
"What?" I ask. "Is my name funny or something, I know it's a boys name but-" he cuts me off.
"No. No, I just...there was another Ryan...he was in my band. I was in love with him, but he left me and the band. I haven't talked to him a long time. It's just funny, I fell for another Ryan" he shrugs.
"Oh" I say, realization hitting me. "That's why you and that Zack guy kept laughing...wait so you're like bisexual then?" I ask and he nods.
"Yeah, that's not weird is it?" He asks and I start shaking my head.
"No, of course not." I tell him. "So you and Ryan, did anything happen?" I ask.
"No" he shakes his head a little. "I never got a chance to tell him how I felt, once he left it was like we didn't exist to each other" he explains, not looking at me. His gaze is directed towards his hand on mine.
"Well you should tell him how you feel" I encourage him.
"There's no point now, I don't feel that way towards him anymore. This was years ago, right before I started dating my ex wife"
"Oh well, I'm sorry."
"Don't be." He assures me. "It's in the past and I've moved on"
"I don't want you to be sad Brendon"
"And I'm not...not since I met you" he finally looks up at me. My eyes light up and I sit back in my seat. What do I say to that?
"Thank you. I should get going now. I...have a long day tomorrow" I tell him. His face drops and he brings his hand back to himself.
"I'll see you later?" He asks opening the door.
"Yeah, of course" I nod as he gets out. He waves at me and then I drive off.

Once I get to my apartment I go straight inside and into my room. I feel like a 12 year old girl who just got my first kiss. I feel giddy but awkward at the same time. I like Brendon but I can't trust him yet, we just met today.
Once I'm done being hung up on what he said I get ready for bed and the go to bed.
-----
"Rion!" Dylan calls as I come in to the building. It's too early for this.
"Yes Dylan?" I ask.
"Somebody left a present for you on your desk" he smiles at me and I roll my eyes. Who?
I go to my desk and see a large bouquet of roses on my desk. I let out a sigh as I walk closer, I read the card on it and all it says is -Brendon
Oh? What a sweet gesture. That's very random but I really like it.
"I bet I know it's from...your little boy toy" Dylan exclaims, coming over to me.
"Dylan! Shhh" I shush him.
"Well is it?! Is it from Brendon?" He questions and I nod as I place them out of my way. "Well what does it say?!"
"It says leave me alone Dylan" I joke and his eyebrows furrow. "It just says his name." I tell him, seriously this time.
"Really? No heartfelt message about how he's in love with you?" He asks, taking the small card in his hand.
"No Dylan, I have work to do. Do you mind?" I ask scooting him away.
----
Dylan comes rushing up to me at lunch with a huge smile on his face.
"What?" I question.
"You'll never believe what I just did!!" His smile some how gets bigger.
"What?" I ask again.
"I got us to be permanent partners!!" He says like it's the best day of his life.
"That's great Dylan, really. I'm going to go get some lunch...care to join?" I regret the words as they come out of my mouth. We walk to my car and get in.
"Why are you so hyped to be my partner?" I ask as I drive away.
"Cause I'm your friend...and also cause you're friends with Brendon Urie!! If your friends with him, I'm friends with him too"
"We aren't-" I chuckle. "Friends...really. We hung out once."
"But he sent you flowers. You don't just send someone you don't plan on being friends with flowers."
"Oh so you're using me to get to Brendon?" I raise my eyebrow, messing with him.
"No, I still want to be your friend, like I really do, I just also get Brendon out of it." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

After lunch we go back to work and after work I go home as usual, with my large amount of flowers.
At home I send Brendon a quick text thanking him for the extravagant flowers. I then do some cleaning and decide on a nice bubble bath.
I smirk to myself as I recall Brendon's features. His adorable smile, his freckles that you can only see up close, his big hair...the way he kissed me. My hand absentmindedly touches my lips.
I really like him.