Chapter VII: The End Of The Dream

I'm startled awake once again by the reoccurring dream from before, ending the same way it did last time. And for the firs time, remembering it vividly.

The beautiful interior of the mansion. The locked bedroom doors down the white hallways. The it's that door that I want to open but always hesitate. And that corrupted woman's laughter...

I lay awake that night, constantly checking my phone for the time.

11:30 pm

12:45 am

1:20 am

2:37 am

Time passes and even though I'm exhausted, I'm restless. Much like the storm happening outside. I hear the sound of raindrops tap against my windows, the sound of booming thunder and the sight of quick flashes of lightning.

I toss and turn, trying to relax. But it's the mere thought of closing my eyes and experiencing that dream again is what's keeping me up.

For the first time in a long time, I feel afraid.

As to why...that I don't know...

"Reoccurring dreams are often trying to tell you something." Emily words echo in my mind.

If my dream is trying to tell me I've gone crazy then consider it told.

"Then that's what you need to do. Write it down to help you remember and plan out what to do differently" Emily's advice reminds me.

Getting out of bed, and through the darkness I walk over to my bookshelf trying to find a notebook I may have. Squinting in the darkness, I pull out a random spiral notebook, and it causes a chain reaction of multiple books I didn't know I had to fall to the ground.

I sigh, vowing to pick them up later, or after a decent night's rest.

I sit on the edge of my bed, looking down at the notebook I have in my hands. I open the drawer to the beside table and take out a pen. Opening the first page to the notebook I begin jotting down every single detail of my dream. Then begin making plans of strategy as to what I could do differently. Once filling out multiple pages, I look them over approvingly.

"Here goes nothing..." I sigh.

When I go to place the notebook and pen on the table, I notice the small container of sleeping pills. With little consideration taken, I grab the container, pour out two pills on to the palm of my hand. I stare and with taking a deep breath I toss back the pills into my mouth, followed by a couple gulps of water.

I lay back down, waiting for the pills to work their magic.

"Please... let this work." I mumble before drifting off to sleep.

I open my eyes to find I'm again standing in my apartment, staring at the door that will connect to the mansion.

I take a step forward but pause, before going any further. I turn around and head to my room. Throwing open my dresser drawers I quickly slip out of my pajamas and get myself dressed.

"That's better." I say, leaving my room and heading for the door once again.

I open the door and enter into the foyer, looking at the grand staircase that splits into two. Instead of climbing the stairs and following the stairs that lead to the right, I go left.