Ichthys, The Mischievous Trickster: Story 1

Looking around the room, my eyes landing on each individual god to get some sort of sense or vibe, until landing on the smiley, long-haired god. I recall the name of the god being, Ichthys. His kind eyes and wide smile are welcoming and playful. Not discomforting like the glares I'm receiving from Leon and Scorpio. Or the uncomfortable flirtatious grin from Teorus. Even the simplistic, almost expressionless face of Huedhaut and the kind...yet something concerning about the small smile of Dui has me questioning them in my head. But for some reason my eyes always go back to Ichthys.

"Uh...okay." I gulp, collecting my bearings, finally coming to a decision. "I choose, Ichthys?" I shrug.

Ichthys laughs. "Haha, no way, really?!"

"Um... yes?" I look at the ground and back up at him.

He walks up to me, with a calm tone and expression. "Are you really going to serve me?"

"W-what? S-serve you? That's what this is?" I panic.

Oh god...why did I choose him.... why  did I choose at all! I run my hands through my hair. But I guess... I look at Ichthys. I guess he just seemed the most approachable, somehow, compared to the others.

"What you didn't mean it?" Ichthys looks surprised, but comes to my side, draping an arm on my shoulders. "Okay! I can take you up to the sky and drop you like what Leon did! Or I can chase you again?"

I take a step back. "W-what?! No!"

He laughs again. "I thought so."

"Jeez, Ikky...knowing you, you would totally do that." Teorus mentions.

I cautiously eye Ichthys. Is he really that kind of person?

"Okay great, now that's done and over with, I should go..." I say pointing to the exit.

"Unbelievable." Leon begins to speak. "Out of all the gods to choose...goldfish must have even less cognitive capacity than I thought."

"Goldfish...?" I cock my head to the side.

"Stupid woman. When things go wrong, you'll have only yourself to blame." Scorpio hisses.

"Excuse me?" I bark back angrily.

"Don't you guys think you're being a little overdramatic." Teorus kindly defends Ichthys. "I know Ikky can cross the line sometimes...well, most of the time, actually, but still..."

"He certainly is the life of the party, although... the things he does are usually pretty shocking." Dui tries to defend Ichthys as well.

"Guys, guys! You're too kind! You're going to make me blush!" Ichthys smiles happily.

"Uhh..." I look between the others and Ichthys. Those are definitely NOT compliments...

However, this only makes me question what kind of god is this Ichthys person, and what have I gotten myself into.

And out of sheer panic I turn to face Huedhaut, the god with the dark as night hair and piercing sapphire eyes. And the one who hasn't said a word.

As we lock gazes he clears his throat. "Allow me to offer you these words, you have my condolences."

"And...what do you mean by that?" I ask.

Teorus scratches the back of his head, "Well, basically..." He nudges Dui. "You explain it."

Dui nods and looks at me. "You see...Ichthys doesn't know when too much is too much."

"Yeah, you're right. He doesn't." Teorus laughs.