Ichthys, The Mischievous Trickster: Story 2

Ichthys, smiling suggestively, begins to slowly press in closer to me.

My mouth moves, but somehow can't respond a coherent response. My ears and cheeks are burning while my heart is beating out of my chest.

Ichthys continues to stare at me, our noses almost touching.

The next thing I know I thrust my knee up, directing the hit right to his stomach.

Ichthys stumbles, his hand clutching over his stomach. For a moment he's in pain but it falters and he suddenly starts to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I angrily ask him, placing my hands on my hips.

"That face you made! Hahaha!"

I drop my hands to my side and look at him with a blank stare.

"T-that was so funny! You looked like a fish!" He says, pointing at me.

"A fish?!" I shout. "Clearly I didn't hit you hard enough!"

Ichthys ignoring my threat continues. "Your mouth was just opening and closing like a hungry little fish."

I feel my face burn even more. "S-stop! What is wrong with you?!" I pace around my apartment. "I was like 'he's a god, I can't disobey him', but then I knocked you back out of instinct...and...and..."

"I wouldn't say that." Ichthys begins to say with kindness in his voice. "It's always better to say 'no' if you don't want to do something, even if you are dealing with a god." Then his playfully grin returns to his lips. "Where's the fun in living a life where you do things you don't want to do?"

"Uh...well, I do see your point and all, but I feel like your kind of taking things to the extremes with that statement. I mean, you can't always do what you want." I try to explain to him.

Ichthys brushes me off, waving. "Okay, well I got to see something funny and all, so I guess I'll call it a night."

I sigh with relief,

"By the way." I suddenly have a question to ask Ichthys. "Um, before, it was like that mansion and my apartment were connected."

Ichthys beams. "Yep! I connected them. We can use that door, but you can't use it to come and go freely, Abbey."

"Ooh...okay." I nod.

"But If I want to summon you right away, I'll connect a nearby door to the mansion." He excitedly says.

Great...summon me?

Of course, this really isn't going to end tonight, how silly of me to hope...

"S-so, you can get back to the mansion right away no matter where you are?"

"Yep!"

"Then why did you go through the trouble of flying to come get me before?!"

He laughs. "Because, that way, I got to touch you, Abbey."

"W-w-wh-wha...." My eyes widen

"You're not so bad to hold, Abbey. You're soft and you smell nice."

I choke on my words as I feel frozen to the spot. My whole body's temperature rising.

"Haha! You're making the fish face again!"

I shake my head. "N-no I'm not!"

"Later!"

But before I can get another word out, Ichthys is through the door and out of sight.