Huedhaut, The Snarky Intellectual: Story 1

Eyes that are clear as the bluest sea have done nothing but gaze upon me right from the beginning that speaks with a painful longing. As if under a spell I find myself mesmerized by his wavy dark blue hair that I can only imagine is silky soft, his complexion as pale as a porcelain doll's, and his eyes...

Before I know it, I'm drawn to him and I stand only a few feet away, taking in a shallow breath before speaking the name of the god I've chosen. "...Huedhaut?"

My voice comes out quiet as I look up at the calm and collected god, noticing his rather tall and slender stature.

However, the god I chosen, furrows his brows like he's conflicted.

"Why me...?" Huedhaut breaks eye contact with me as he thinks to himself.

Felt as if I've been slapped in the face I stand there slack jawed. "...Huh?"

"It's nothing. Never mind." He quickly responds, avoiding my gaze.

"Um... okay..." I awkwardly stand there, unsure what to do.

It doesn't sound like 'nothing'... I think to myself as I notice the same expression on his face as if something is bothering him.

"I suppose it can't be helped now, seeing as the six of us won't be able to return to the heavens until our sins are absolved and our marks disappear..." Huedhaut sighs.

"Wait, you have marks?" I ask.

"Yeah, these things." Ichthys pops up as he lifts up his shirt and jacket to reveal a inky-black tattoo on his side.

"Whoa..." I lean in close to get a better look at the details.

Huedhaut nods. "Yes, that's a mark of sin. It signifies that we have broken the laws of the heavens."

Teorus steps into the conversation looking rather unsettled. "The truth is we've all committed different sins and exiled to earth as punishment."

"And that's when I come in..." I sigh heavily as I feel a headache coming on.

I still can't believe this is happening... I groan internally.

The rest of the gods look at me as I'm the their ticket out of here, and even if that's true, we all don't have any sort of idea on what needs to be done.

"However," Huedhaut begins to speak. "It's true she is a reborn goddess... the stars in her eyes prove it. But she no longer has the powers she possessed when she was a god. She's human now."

I breath with relief hearing him say with understanding. Was he.... protecting me?

Just when I'm heartened by his words, his thin lips twist into a frown.

"In other others, she's an encumbrance. Let's get you out of here, useless goldfish." He says, looking directly at me.

"Excuse me?" I look back at him dumbfoundedly.

"You're right. If she's of no value to us, there's no reason to keep her here." Leon declares in an intimidating voice.

"Tch, what a waste of time." Scorpio clicks his tongue.

I raise my hands in surrender. "You know what? Fine...it's no skin off my back. Good luck with your sins."

I begin making my way to the doors to exit when Huedhaut abruptly steps in front of me.