Teorus, The Greedy Prince: Story 9

Someone dressed in a black cloak, half their face hiding beneath the hood, has me pinned down. Others stand behind, crowding around me. I feel my cheeks are stained with my tears, as I sob, and plead to be free.

They ignore me, smiling like they've been possessed by the devil.

I'm scared. I'm alone.

"Please, someone help me!" I scream.

Through the crowd of mysterious figures, another one comes, only this time their holding a branding iron glowing an intense yellow and orange color.

My eyes widen as I try to struggle free, surprised I have any strength left in me. I scream and cry some more, the smell of hot metal coming closer. However, the man that has me pinned refuses to let me go, as his grip tightens.

"Why are you doing this?" I conjure up the gurgling words through my sobs. "Let go of me!"

"You can't get away." The hooded person standing over me says.

However, I come to realize his voice doesn't fit right. In fact, his voice sounds all too familiar, and the next thing I know my vision returns to the present of reality.

It's Teorus who has me pinned by the wrists, my bed against my back.

"You'll accept my love, right?" His lips creep hungrily up my neck, towards my lips.

Cold shivers crawl along my skin, as I try get a grasp as to what's happening. "Stop, Teorus! Get the hell off me!" I find my voice and scream at him, trying to struggle as I do so.

But, Teorus is far to strong as a god.

Anger boils inside me as I refuse to be held down like this again. "Do you really think taking someone this way will make you happy?!" I growl through my teeth.

Teorus' body freezes from my words. "What's wrong with what I'm doing? You're going to be 'special' to me, right?"

"Get off me!"

"You're going to teach me about real love or whatever."

"Teorus." I glare at him dead in the eye.

"Oh, I see how it is. You talk big, but in the end, you're not actually going to do anything are you?"

"I can't be 'special' to you, but I don't want you to feel like you're alone either."

"Pfft, you feel sorry for me?" He chuckles, with a twisted grin still on his face.

"I'm worried, idiot!"

"It doesn't make any sense for you to be worried about me!" He spits those icy words out at me as his eyes pierce into me. "I knew it, you don't understand a thing about me."

"At least I'm trying, Teorus!" I shake my head.

"I don't need anyone 'special'."

"You're so wrong, I want to hit you." I growl, I take a deep breath. "In your heart of hearts, you want someone to love."

Finally, Teorus lets me go and gets up. Letting out a tired sigh. "You got the wrong idea about me. You heard about my father from Hue, right?"

"Yes." I slowly sit up, eyeing him carefully.

"My father spent everyday drowning himself in alcohol and women. Strange women were always coming and going, ever since I was little. That was normal. That's what my father was like when I was growing up. It was normal to have relationships with lots of women. I never thought of it as bad." Teorus explains to me, his eyes in a daze as if he's reliving his past again. "To me, happiness is receiving lots of love and doling out lots of love in return." Up to this point Teorus was speaking calmly, however when his focus is back he looks at me and becomes angry. "So, I'd appreciate it if you could keep whatever personal opinions or judgments about me you may have to yourself!"