Teorus, The Greedy Prince: Story 5

The next evening, I finish my shift and walk out of the restaurant. Keys in my hand, and truck in my sights, I make it to the sidewalk when something solid whams into me. I do a spin and nearly fall over.

"Whoa!" I say.

"Ow." A voice says.

Turning around to find the source of the voice I see a beautiful woman on the ground.

"Oh my god, sorry." I say, lending her a hand.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention." The woman, with long brown locks of silky hair, looks up at me with intimidating eyes that wears perfect eyeliner.

She takes my hand and I pull her up.

"Are you okay?" I ask, suddenly nervous as I get a better view of the model like woman.

"Oh yes, thank you. How about you?" She quickly adjusts her champagne cocktail dress, before gazing into my eyes once again.

"Y-yeah, I'm good." My voice squeaks.

"...Oh..." Her voice sounds disappointed. But she quickly throws on a crooked smile with her bright red lipstick. "That's good then."

"Um, yeah. Well, have a good night." I bow my head and go to walk away.

I feel something tight wrap around my wrist.

"Hey, what the—" I start to say but I find myself lost when I turn my head and see the woman is gripping my wrist, practically glaring at me, as if she's staring into my soul.

I'm not sure how long we're standing there, but at the moment it felt like an eternity.

"I'm sorry." She eases her grip. "But...you have beautiful eyes."

"Uh...thanks." I rip my wrist from her grasp. "Do...do I know you or something?" I ask cautiously.

She tilts her head, her expression never changing. "Hmm...perhaps."

"What?"

Then I hear a familiar voice. "Hey!"

I whip my head around to see Teorus. "Teorus...O-oh, hi." I stutter, feeling relieved that he's here.

However, when I turn back around the woman is gone.

"Hey...Abbey." Teorus calls me.

"Huh?" I turn back around to face him, as I try to forget about that strange encounter.

"Are you okay, Abbey?" He asks.

"O-oh, yeah..." I nod., shaking off the weird encounter.

Wait... I did hear him correctly when he called me by my name yesterday.

"Are you finished with work for the day?"

I adjust my bag, and nod. "Yup, just got off."

Excitedly he takes my hand. "Okay then, let's go!"

"What? Where?" I question as he starts dragging me along somewhere.

"For a walk."

"But...I drove here so—" I say pointing back to my truck. But a split second later I find me and Teorus up in the sky "Whoa!" I yelp. "I thought you said a walk! I'm going to fall Teorus!"

Teorus laughs in amusement as I wiggle in his arms. "It's okay, calm down. Don't be scared everything is fine."

"Everything is not fine! Humans don't fly! This isn't..."