Dui, The Split Personality: Story 1

"Then, I choose you. Dui, right?" I simply say, pointing too the brown hair man with the kind brown eyes.

It only made sense to choose him out of the rest of these self-proclaimed gods. Since I recall him showing me nothing but kindness and being a real gentleman... or gentle-god.

"Yes." His gentle expression reassures me.

"Great. So, uh, I'll just be going now?" I say, stepping back, pointing to the doors behind me.

"Wait." Dui, takes me hand in his, stopping me from going anywhere. His face then gets awfully close. "Your eyes, they really are beautiful."

His face is actually so close it looks like he's ready to kiss me, and I can feel the temperature in my face rise.

"Uh, ever heard of personal space?" I squeak.

Dui realizes how close he is. "Oh, sorry."

I clear my throat and look away.

"The stars in your eyes are just so pretty...I forgot myself." Dui says, looking off to the side, as his hand releases my own.

I chuckle nervously. "No big deal."

"Hey, why did you pick Dui and not me?" Ichthys cuts in, pressing himself close to me.

I realize that I'm still standing in the room with five other gods who do not look pleased.

"Uh..." I push my hands up against Ichthys' chest, to remove him from my personal bubble.

Are all these gods so touchy-feely?

"Come on, Ichthys. You're scaring Abbey." Dui warns.

"I'm not scared. Just uncomfortable." I comment, taking a step back.

"It was her decision. We have no choice but to accept it." Huedhaut intervenes.

Scorpio clicks his tongue. "Tch... stupid woman."

I glare at Scorpio, then come to notice that everyone's eyes are on me, and if I thought I was uncomfortable before, now I'm even more so and want to run home and hide.

I still can't believe I'm stuck working with a bunch of gods. How could this be happening? I think to myself still trying to wrap my head around everything.

"Abbey..." Dui calls my name.

"Hm?" I face him and realize he's grabbed my hand again.

"I just want to thank you for choosing me. I'm going to do my best to make sure this goes well."

"O-oh...okay." I nod. "And when you say 'this goes well' you mean about...erasing your sins, right?" I ask to clarify.

"Yes. We've sinned through a.... variety of different circumstances." Dui explains. "And so it is up to one person on Earth who can absolve our sins: you."

"R-right, I remember that being explain." I mumble loud enough for them to hear.

Still can't believe its me though.

"B-but, I don't have special powers." I say, repeating what I've told them earlier. "I wouldn't know how too erase your sins."

"Yes, you do. You are the reborn goddess." Teorus says charmingly.

"So I've heard..." I groan.

"Before you became human, you were a god like us." Dui tells me.

"Uh...huh..." I begin rubbing my temples feeling a headache coming on.