Leon, The Sadistic Ruler: Story 5

I'm lead back to Leon's room where he beckons me over beside him at the small fountain in the corner of the room I remember seeing beforehand but never asked about.

Leon doesn't look at me, only the water in the fountain as he speaks. "Earth. Filled with ridiculous wishes as usual. I guess it's because Earth is so dirty compared to the Heavens."

I feel a bit offended by his harsh words. As I try to think of something to snap back at him with, Leon hovers his hand over the fountain and in disbelief an image appears on the surface of the water. An image of a young boy and an elderly lady.

My eyes widen ad I lean forward. "Whoa...what is—"

"It's a reflecting pool." Huedhaut says.

I jump at the sight of him, noticing him and Teorus had entered when I wasn't looking.

Teorus peers over my shoulder. "Wishes that are strong enough to reach us become visible in this reflecting pool."

"And so...that's what your powers are there for, to grant those wishes that appear." I say before anyone can explain what I already have figured out.

No one compliments at the fact that I figured the rest out, as Huedhaut speaks. "The department of Punishments also use the reflecting pool."

"Punishments?" I look up at Huedhaut.

"They handle humans who do evil deeds and punish them." Huedhaut says,

"Buuut, only the Minister's have a reflecting pool in his room. While the rest of us share a reflecting pool to grant wishes." Teorus chimes.

"Oh...interesting..." I nod, as the information processes.

"Take a break, Grandma. I can do it."

A voice of the young boy from the reflecting pool has me suddenly focused.

The old woman speaks to the young boy. "I'm fine. I'm not tired yet."

The boy then mumbles. "If only I were stronger...I would be able to take care of my grandma. God, please give me the strength to protect my grandma."

Pfftt...seriously kid? I can't help but think. I watch as the kid pleads to the gods without even trying to find his own strength, his own will within himself to do what he wishes.

Leon snorts. "Pfft, what a joke."

He suddenly takes my hand in his, before I have anytime to react he snaps his fingers with his other hand. Then I notice soft ripples dance across the water at the sound of his snap.

"I'm exhausted. That's enough for today." Leon sighs.

Vega then bursts into a panic. "B-but you've only done one!"

"If I say I'm finished, then I'm finished." Leon declares harshly. "Go and tell Karno that using my powers on earth burns up my energy."

A nervous Vega steps back. "I've never heard you say you're tired before, Lord Leon."

With a disgusted look on his face, Leon responds. "Because Earth is filthy and impure."

Leon begins to walk to his bed, gently letting go of my hand, as it leaves a numbing sensation. And I notice now how my heartbeat is going a mile a minute, figuring it was because I didn't expect such a soft touch, to hold my hand in such a way.

"Hey look, I can carry heavy stuff now!"

I look back at the fountain when I hear the boy shout excitedly.