Dui, The Split Personality: Story 10

I'm laying in bed, hidden under the blankets, allowing this day to be an unproductive one. Wanting nothing more to listen to music and sleep the day away, I'm interrupted by someone tugging the sheets of my bed and calling my name.

At this point I didn't care if it were an intruder, but I look over the covers with a blank look to see Ichthys, cheekily smiling, as he speaks.

"Wait...what?" I say, sitting up and taking out my earphones.

"I saaaid, heeyy!" He says cheerfully.

I sigh. "Hi."

"What are you doing still in bed? Humans don't usually stay in bed for this long, do they?" Ichthys asks then a worried expression appears on his face. "Are you sick?"

"No, I just feel like staying in bed." I shrug.

I actually think this is for the best...withering away in bed...

Since I can't seem to do anything right to help Dui...even though I'm urging to see him...

"What? But that's no fun!"

"It is to me." I lay back down, pulling the covers up over me.

"Come on!" Ichthys once again tugs on the blanket.

I groan. "What do you want?"

"I need your help with something, come to the mansion." He says, finally giving up on pulling the blanket off of me.

I hear Ichthys leave my bedroom, shutting the door behind him. Peeking over my covers, I contemplate on what to do, dragging my lazy butt out of bed, I take a shower to help me think.

Running the hot water drip and roll down my body, I close me eyes, running my hands along my skin.

I'm not helping with any punishment jobs or erasing any sins...

Since I can't even freakin' absolve Dui's without almost being killed more than once.

Oh...Dui... this must be so hard for you...

I shut off the water and hop out, quickly drying myself off. I think of my options, either slipping on some pajamas and going back to bed, or getting dressed, sucking it up, and going to the house of the gods.

Sometime later and I walk out my bedroom door, with my messenger bag over my shoulder and keys in my hand.

"Fiiiinally! I was waiting foreeeever!" Ichthys springs in to my view.

"Jesus!" I jump back and slap my hand over my heart feeling it ready to burst out of my chest. "You've been waiting here this entire time?"

"Yeah! Now come on! Let's go!" He grabs my arm playfully and snaps his fingers.

Later That Day...

Ichthys enlists me and I end up cooking for the gods.

"...All right everyone, it's ready." I call out to everyone, as I place the last dish down on the table.

Teorus walks in, eyes sparkling. "Woow! It looks so good!"

I was confused at first as to why Ichthys needed my help. But it wasn't until after hearing that Dui has stopping eating cherries that Ichthys has asked me to help have a taste-testing party.

"With everything that happened last time, I didn't get to eat your omelet rice." Ichthys says.

I jokingly sigh. "I wonder who's fault that was. But there's more than just omelet rice." I begin pointing to the different foods naming what each one is, that I quickly whipped up under a short period of time. "Oh, and those beside the baked potatoes are meatballs."