Scorpio, The Abrasive and Cool: Story 3

We come to the familiar back road where I notice the path, and decide to drive my vehicle through it until reach the clearing where the run-down mansion sits.

"Here we are." I say, killing the engine and getting out.

Altair follows up behind me, taking the lead. "That was fun." He laughs.

"Glad you thought so." I smile.

"Please, go inside." Altair says, holding open the door for me.

"Thanks." I oblige, and I'm greeted by the rich, palace-like interior once again.

"Oh! It's Altair!" Ichthys comes around the corner just as Altair and I step inside the foyer.

Altair walks up to god. "I'm back, Lord Ichthys."

Ichthys eyes fall on my and an excited smile spreads across his face. "Abbey! Welcome!"

I'm caught off guard by the overjoyed greeting. "G-Good afternoon."

Ichthys comes around my side. "Scorpio hates to be kept waiting. You'd better hurry and see him." Then Ichthys places an arm around my shoulders. "Or...would you prefer to do something fun? You know, just you and me?" He whispers into my ear seductively.

My eye twitches out of irritation and just when I'm about to pinch his hand that's draped over my shoulder or grab him by the ear, someone else enters the foyer.

"Ichthys. Stop right there" Leon stands at the top of the staircase.

"Looks like someone is coming between us..." Ichthys mumbles as he backs away.

A door to an interior room opens, and the god I saw at work, the Department of Wishes, stand in the doorway. But then there's another God I see, the one with short brown hair, and seems so kind and polite.

"So you all just kinda' live here together, eh?" I say something to make this weird scene, not so weird. "Must be fun."

"Yup, we sure do." Dui, I recall his name, speaks up.

"More importantly, the guys in the heavens realized we can use our powers even here on earth, if we touch you."

The way he says 'touch you' has shivers crawl up and down my spine.

Leon continues. "Now that word's gotten out, they've decided that have to work. In other words, we need your power."

Leon walks closer, closing in on me. And his intimidating smirk has me frozen to the spot. However, someone else appears.

"Stupid lion. Quit running your mouth. Nothing you say matters. It's not like you forgot she chose me."

I look pass Leon to the voice and see Scorpio, atop of the staircase, and I never thought I'd be relieved to see him, especially interrupting what was about to happen.

"Took you long enough." Scorpio huffs.

Altair looks like he's on the verge of tears. "I-I'm sorry! You said to bring her when she finished work, so..."

"Hm? Really?" I ask, looking from Altair to Scorpio.

Scorpio looks almost embarrassed and doesn't bother to respond.

"Whaaaaat! How sweet!" Ichthys teases.

Scorpio looking disgusted, glares at Ichthys. "I could care less about 'sweet'." Then he directs his attention back to Altair. "Stupid kid, if you don't learn to watch your mouth..."