Leon, The Sadistic Ruler: Story I

"Then I choose you." The second the words leave my lips I feel instant regret take over as I look up at the arrogant man, who reveals a confident grin.

"Of course you would choose me." Leon says proudly.

I cross my arms and grumpily speak. "Whatever...I just want to be done with all this."

Scorpio angrily raises his voice. "You're actually choosing him?"

"Jealous?" Leon taunts.

I sigh. "Don't have much of a choice...I'm going to have to work alongside all of you anyways." My voice lowers so none of them can here. "Might as well get one of these pain in the asses out of the way."

Leon's expression turns stern as he presses closer. "What did you say?"

I clear my throat and stand my ground as I roll my eyes. "Nothing..." I turn to face the rest of them. "Okay, I chose a god, I'm going home now." I say while walking past them and heading for the door.

"Hold on." Leon says and grips my arm, hauling me back. "You're not going anywhere until you erase my sin."

"Um, were you not part of the conversation where I said that I don't know how? Besides I have my own life, my own job—" I gasp. "Oh my god, my job...how am I going to explain what happened?"

Huedhuat steps forward, placing his cool hand on my shoulder to halt my pacing. "It's all right, we will take care of it."

"You will, how?" I question.

Teorus speaks up. "It's pretty easy to manipulate goldfish mind, but since our powers aren't working, we'll need to touch you..."

"Oh...I see." With a groan I extend out my hand. "Then do what you must."

Teorus goes to reach out, not before Leon intervenes and takes hold of my hand instead.

"Hey." I shout as I feel the intense grip wrap around my small hand.

With Leon's free hand he snaps his fingers.

I stare at his hand then at his face. "So...did it work?"

"You're talking to a god, or have you forgotten?" He says.

"Right..." I grimace at his response. I'm so sick of this whole 'god' crap...

"Perhaps it would be better if she would return home for the night. She is human after all." Dui chimes in with that innocent smile.

I smile myself at Dui, thanking him in my head.

Leon frowns. "Whatever." Still holding my hand he snaps again. "Just go through that door and you will return home."

I doubtfully look at the door he nudges his head towards then back to Leon. "Really?"

"Yes, actually the only way to go through your door from your apartment to here, or vise-versa is if you wish it. If not, then it won't work." Huedhuat speaks calmly.

I look at the gods then back at the door. "Again, really?!" I say.

He gives another stern look, but it vanishes and reveals a sickening sweet smile. "Unless you wish to stay the night here, with me." The grip on my hand tightens as he tugs my closer to him.

Chills run up and down my arms as I snatch my hand away. "Nope!" I sprint for the door. "Good bye!" And with that I slam the door behind me.

When I sink to the floor I find myself staring into my apartment, realizing that I just in fact teleported. I quickly stand back up a peer through the peephole to my apartment door and find that old apartment hallway. Opening the door to really make sure, it was indeed my apartment complex. With a release of a breath I don't realize I'm holding, I return inside and prepare for bed. The hit of exhaustion takes over as my body grows limp and I just make it into bed. However, I quickly check my phone to see dozens of voicemails and text messages from my co-workers and boss. Too tired, I put my phone down and tell myself I'll deal with it tomorrow.

So I find myself staring at the ceiling as a million thoughts dance around inside my head.

I can't believe this is happening...

A reincarnated goddess...goddess of faith? I'm to erase the mark of sins of six gods of the zodiac.

Gods of the stars...

I chuckle at that last thought for some reason.

But...why me?

Why did the goddess be reborn as someone like....me?

Why...

I sigh, knowing fully well that I would receive no answers. "What a day..." I whisper to myself in the soothing darkness, before closing my tired eyes and drifting off to sleep.

The next day...

I cautiously walk into work, through the back door, as I'm greeted by Emily, who, expectedly runs and gives me a hug.

"Emily!" I call, give her a light pat on the back.

"You are incredible!" She says as pulling away.

With a puzzled expression, I scratch my head. "I-I am?"

Hannah bursts through the change room door, practically tackling me into an embrace. "There you are, our little hero! I'm so glad you're safe and sound." He squeals excitedly.

"H-hero?" I question.

"Yeah...don't you remember?" Melissa, out of know where stands beside me, with her calm and tired expression she shows a weak smile.

"Probably still shakin' up from what happened. You probably don't even remember fainting." Jack strolls in.

"Uh...huh." I slowly nod.

Emily grabs my arm. "You saved me last night, from falling off the roof!" She stares at me with a twinkle in her eye. "Y-you came out of know where and grabbed me just in time."

"O-oh ya?"

Ooh...so Leon must of erase the part of me falling off the roof.

I sigh with relief. "Of course, anyone would have done the same. It was nothing."

Hannah excitedly squeals. "Oh! So humble!"

"Nothing?" Jack laughs. "With quick reflexes like that? But, we're just happy that both of you are safe." Jack says.

I smile.

"Then those men showed up after you fainted." Melissa comments.

WHAT?!

"W-what...did you say?" I stiffen up.

Hannah gasps. "OH! how could I forget, that man with the shaggy blonde hair. Gold eyes, swooped in and came to your aid. It was like something out of a movie."

Jack scratches the back of his head. "Yeah, how come you never mentioned him, eh Abbey?"

I stand there, slack-jawed, "Come again?"

Unbelievable! Was this necessary?!

Emily then nudges me. "Yeah, why are we suddenly seeing your totally hot boyfriend for the first time?"

I flail my hands around in a panic. "I-It is sooo not like that! He is not my boyfriend! N-now come on, we got a restaurant to run here. Let's get to work!" I say in an almost cheer and sprint out the change room door and right into the restaurant lobby where I start my day at work.