Dui, The Split Personality: Story 7

One day, once everything with Dui is starting to get back to normal...

I arrive at the mansion after work, this time bringing doggy bags of food from the restaurant. For reasons being that my boss, Jack, wanted to freshen up the menus with new recipes.

"I told him not to go overboard with it..." I grumble, looking down into the bag of food.

However, having made to much, he gave everyone what was left of the samples. But being to much food for me to eat by myself I decide to bring it to the house of the Gods' to see if any of them would like some.

I walk into the mansion, climbing the stairs as I head towards the parlor. I knock before entering and when I do I see Altair and Dui hanging out.

"Lady Abbey!" Altair excitedly greets me when he notices me,

"Hey, kiddo." I smile.

"Hi, Abbey." Dui says kindly.

"H-hey..." My voice squeaks as I become flustered at the handsome sight of him. I quickly clear my throat. "Hey...Dui."

"What do you have there?" Altair tilts his head, pointing to the bag in my hand.

"Oh, just some leftover food from work... I was actually wondering if you guys would like some. I can assure you it's really good." I walk over to the table and begin to take the few plastic containers of food out of the bag.

"Sure. I'd love too." Dui smiles happily.

L-love?!

Jesus Christ...get a hold of yourself woman!

"Me too!" Altair cheers.

"Oh oh! Me too!" Suddenly Ichthys appears.

I'm nearly scared out of my socks having Ichthys suddenly appear before us.

"G-great. Please, help yourself." I stutter.

Altair grabs one of the containers, opening it to reveal an interesting dish. "What's this?" He asks.

"Oh, that's a rice omelet." I say, my hand digging in the bag to hold out a small bottle. "It tastes better with ketchup too, if you want."

"Really? Okay!" Altair excitedly takes the bottle.

"What? No fair! I want to try!" Ichthys snatches the ketchup out of Altair's hand.

"Ooh! Lord Ichthys! Please, give it back!" Altair whines.

Ichthys chuckles, waving at Altair reassuringly, as he runs around trying to dodge Altair. "It's fine! Just let me try it too!"

"There's plenty here, Ichthys." I say, trying to calm the situation.

Dui nervously watches the situation. "It's dangerous to run like that..."

Although, Ichthys doesn't listen nor pay attention to his surroundings because be the next thing that happens is Ichthys runs into me.

"Abbey!" Dui yells.

I land on my backside from the force of Ichthys. "Ow..."

Then there's a loud crash beside me as the ketchup bottle smashes to the ground.

"Maaan, I did it now." Ichthys nervously looks at the mess he made.

I roll my eyes. "You think?"

"I-I-I'm sorry!" Altair rushes to my side, bowing his head in forgiveness.

I pat him on the shoulder. "It's okay. It's not your fault, Altair. It's Ich—"

"Enough with the noise!"