Leon, The Sadistic Ruler: Story 11

I find myself sitting on one of the sofa's in the parlor of the god's mansion. Across from me, Leon is resting. Looking exhausted, I can get a clear view of his eyes that still aren't going back to normal.

Leon sighs. "You're a human. Why would you do something like try to protect a god?"

I waste no time to reply. "At that moment, Leon, I forgot you were a god, and I didn't care. My body moved on its own, it was instinct for me and I didn't want you to get hurt."

"You...I've never met such a foolish human."

"Foolish, a pain, presumptuous, stupid..." I shrug with a small smile. "With a bit of crazy. I am who I am."

Leon's eye narrow in warmth. As his hand reaches out towards my face.

I don't move, as I hold my breath. But something in my body has me shudder. Leon notices and retracts his hand, as his eyes go wide.

"Are you scared?" He asks.

Confused as to why my body reacted that way, I shake my head. "No, I..."

Sure, touching him before had hurt, but I've been through so much more that has caused me so much more pain than that. So...why?

I want to tell him that I'm not scared, but how would my voice sound if I did? Would he think I'm lying? It wouldn't help either way, not after how my body reacted before he even touched me.

I stayed quiet as did Leon.

I give my head another shake, my hands clenching into fists. "Leon...I..."

Leon raises his voice, cutting me off. "Don't say it."

"What?" My voice sounds hoarse.

"You don't need to say anymore, and I don't need to hear anymore." Leon says as he stares down at his own hands. "I harmed a human. That's the reality of what the power of a god can do."

"No, wait, Leon." I burst into a panicky laugh. "You...I mean," I take a deep breath collecting my thoughts. "Leon..." My voice gets quiet. "What do you think of me..."

Leon remains quiet, as he turns his back on me.

I cast my eyes down, as I feel a big rift between me and Leon, one that beforehand never existed for we grew so much closer.

"You can't rest or relax here, can you? When you've calmed down, ask Teo or Hue to bring you home." Leon says, getting up and returning to his room, not once looking back at me while he speaks.

I watch him go, as I sit here alone in the huge room of the mansion. Resting my head against the sofa, I stare up at the ceiling, thinking back to the events early between Leon and Zyglavis.

"To love all humans equally, huh? I guess that makes sense...for a god." I whisper to myself. "To love all humans...to love a goldfish." My mind recalls the goldfish I left flopping around on the ground. "Poor guy." I sigh.

I stand up and walkover to the window, sitting against the ledge and staring out into the night.

"No one could save it, touching it would have hurt it. I guess it was meant to die. A goldfish's destiny." I laugh at that last part. "Destiny." I shake my head. "How annoying. I guess I'm really like that goldfish."

I get up and make my way to the door, opening it to reveal my apartment. I immediately collapse on my bed, kicking off my shoes before the feeling of exhaustion take over.

Next day...

"Ugh..." I groan, my eyes lazily opening as I feel the sun flood into my room.