CHAPTER SIX - DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS (Part 3)

CHAPTER SIX - DON’T TALK TO STRANGERS

(Part Three)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

A sneeze came from the room opposite and I charged towards it, ‘STOP!’ Celine yelled as she held my girls in her arms in the corner, crouching down to protect herself.

There they were.

Scared, shivering and clinging to Celine in a maternal fashion, my daughters looked at me with fear in their innocent eyes.

It broke my heart and all the rage and fury drifted away from my body as I backed away, ashamed and not wanting this to be the first image my daughters remembered of their mother’s return. 

The Grand Witch ran into the room and stood between us, showing the children that I was not the enemy, ‘Celine give me the children.’ she asked, holding back her anger at being ignored.

Celine refused and held the children closer.

Phoenix came from behind me and held me in his arms, ‘We need to make them remember.’ he whispered as the tears fell from my eyes at this stumbling block, ‘Control your emotions and make them remember the good times.’ he continued as I looked up at him and stopped crying.

I closed my eyes and held onto him for extra strength and power.

He turned me to face the girls and placed his hands on my head, channelling his energy into my body.

I took a deep breath as I felt his energy thrashing through my veins and started chanting, ‘No longer a stranger but now there mother, show them the past and unveil this cover. Let them see all the good times we shared, let them see all our love and let them not be scared.’

The Grand Witch turned to us and ran towards me, sending me hurtling to the ground, ‘They will be…’ she screamed as my daughters heads slumped to one side and they passed out, leaving their lifeless bodies behind, ‘What did you do?’ Celine cried as she shook their limp bodies, crying and confused at what just happened.

I dusted myself and stood back up, confused and unsure what danger I had put my daughters in as I looked at Phoenix for help, ‘Instead of bring the past to them, you’ve sent them to the past!’ the Grand Witch announced as I looked at her startled, ‘How will they get back?’ I gasped as I was prepared to go back to get them, ‘What spell do I need?’ I continued as I frantically searched through Celine’s spell book at the window, ‘Wait, look.’ Celine whispered as we looked at the doorway and saw a simmer of green smoke.

We backed away and headed to the opposite end of the room, afraid of what could be presenting itself in front of us from the past.

The smoke started to fill the ceiling of the room as white sparks began to radiate from the mist, ‘What is that?’ the Grand Witch yelled as a black shadow started to form down a new misty tunnel.

The tunnel started from the doorway and ended inches in front of us.

I held my hands up ready to banish whatever monster was coming to attack us but I stopped.

Something didn’t feel right.

The shadows got larger and larger as the others hid in the corner, but I couldn’t move.

Something grounded me to the spot.

The shadows flew from the tunnel with a bang as they flung the others across the room and knocked me from my feet.

The hard wood floor grated against my spine as I held my head and slowly opened my eyes.

It took a few minutes for my vision to return but my other senses were heightened and I knew that familiar scent, ‘Mummy, you’re home!’ Fay-Fay screamed as her sister wrapped herself in my shaking arms, ‘My babies. They remember, Phoenix! They remember!’ I shrieked as I bolted upright and grabbed them both into my arms.

Phoenix ran over to join us as they cried through their father’s embraces, too shocked and emotional to speak.

The atmosphere was magical.

I had my babies back and they were safe and well.

The Grand Witch picked herself off the floor, ignoring the wound to her head and cautiously approached us, ‘Thank you for everything.’ I said as I accepted her into our huddle as she joined in the embraces.

A ruffle came from the corner and my attention went off the girls for a split second.

There rose Celine with blood dripping down her face and a thunderous look of vengeance written across her face.

She wiped the blood from her brow and I pushed the children over to Phoenix and stood up, ready to tell her what I thought of her babysitting skills.

But I didn’t have chance.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***