CHAPTER TWO - THE WALLS HAVE EYES (Part 1)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

THE CLAN

CHAPTER TWO - THE WALLS HAVE EYES

(Part One)

After spending what seemed like  an eternity trying to get out of the games, I was shocked at the welcome I received upon my return, ‘I told her I never wanted to see her again but I needed her help to escape, Eva.’ I tried to explain to my frazzled wife.

I didn’t realise how strong my wife was until she started explaining what she had gone through when she escaped from Cathal, ‘He found me and only allowed me to live if I promised to see him every week’.

My blood began to boil with the thought of him touching my wife, ‘You had an affair?’ I questioned through gritted teeth.

She gave me a scowl and shut the lounge door, ‘I took my vows very seriously, unlike you, so no, I didn’t have an affair with him. Instead he took me on a few dates and just wanted to talk.’ she replied smugly.

I ignored her sanctimonious act as I knew there was something more to the story, so instead of interrupting her, I allowed her to continue the tale, ‘Of course he tried to be intimate with me but after the hundredth attempt, I think even he knew he was  fighting a  losing battle. Anyway, I think our dates provided the therapy he needed, dealing with all the stress his role brings and it was nice to get to know the other side to him.’

She was now pushing my buttons, ‘If he needs therapy, I’m pretty sure that there are others he could talk to or did you start enjoying your meetings because you started to like him? After all, you did just say you started to see a different side to him.’ I snarled at the thought of them together and Ki calling him, ‘Dad’.

Ki came into the room and asked for some money so she could go to the cinema with one of the neighbours’ sons, so we agreed and rushed her out the door, ‘I’m not going to argue about this. You’re back now and we need to sort out a plan to get away from here because my next meeting with Cathal is tomorrow and who knows who he has watching the cottage?’ she stated as we started to look out of the windows to see if there were any possible intruders nearby.

Although I had pangs of anger running through my icy veins at her association with that animal, I looked at the shivering back of my wife’s slender body and remembered why I would risk my life over and over again to make her happy.

I slowly walked towards her as she continued to look through the windows and placed my tired hands on her welcoming waist.

She jumped in surprise and I turned her to face me, ‘I’m sorry.’ she whispered as I held a finger to her lips and gazed into her exhausted eyes, ‘You have nothing to be sorry for.’ and with that I kissed her soft, quivering lips and reminded her of my eternal love and utter devotion.

Did you enjoy this part of the chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***