CHAPTER FOUR - FOLLOW THE BLACK RABBIT (Part 2)

(Part Two)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

I could try to find Heather and Phoenix but what happens if I don’t find them in time? Or worse, I find them and they don’t accept my plan of working together?

I knew I shouldn’t trust Victoria fully, and I didn’t, but if I could get some of the clan members on my side then at least that was a start, ‘What do you propose?’ I asked without looking at my incensed wife.

Victoria leaned forward, revealing her constricted cleavage and revealed, ‘You all need to come to the headquarters, where you will be welcomed, looked after and from there we will plan on how to protect you.’

Eva jumped up in disgust, ‘Do you really think we’re going to follow you into such a blatant trap?’ she screamed as Victoria stood in front of her, slightly less relaxed, ‘If they wanted to kill you, I could have killed you all myself now but they want to help you, just like they want to help me, so unless you have any better options, I suggest you get over yourself and accept the help!’ she retorted, leaving Eva speechless and reluctantly thoughtful.

Victoria moved towards me and bent down, ‘My message was about me making a sacrifice too but I cannot do that to the man who is the love of my life, so please come with me.’ I looked in her red swirling eyes and for a split second I saw her vulnerable side. A side that I had never seen in her before, ‘Did it say you have to sacrifice Cathal?’ I asked as she shook her head and composed herself, ‘Yes, we’re due to be married at the end of the week. Now are you coming or not?’ she asked coldly as she started walking towards the door, returning to her cold, unaffected manner.

I turned to Eva but she was in no mood to talk as she got Ki from the room and I gathered our bags as we followed Victoria to the headquarters.

******

Following Victoria’s Porsche through the winding country roads felt like the tortoise and the hare tale, however the tortoise didn’t win this one.

After wondering how my poor old Rover was going to cope with the expanding potholes we faced with every turn, I was actually relieved when we got to the oversized gates, ‘Stay close and don’t take anything from anyone.’ I said as my stare was fixed on Ki as she hid the bracelet Victoria gave her and gave me her solemn promise.

Victoria walked over to the gates first and punched a code in, ‘Follow me.’ she shouted as we drove through the security gates and into the impressive grounds.

Grey gravel spat at the car as she pulled up next to a black Ferrari Enzo and ushered me to park at the other side.

Feeling like the child who was wearing an out of date pair of trainers, I got out of my tired Rover and sulked past the expensive car making mine look like a worn-out old bike, ‘All show and no class, just like her.’ Eva muttered under her breath as we walked up the imposing steps and through the colossal black wooden doors.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***

The Orcus Games: New Awakening (Book 3 in The Orcus Games Trilogy) - COMPLETEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें