CHAPTER FIVE - THE BURIED TRUTH (Part 3)

(Part Three)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Minutes went by as they looked at each other in astonishment, ‘She’s dead?’ Hogan muttered.

I looked away, nodded and with that, the silence was broken as Bridget let out a piercing scream and fell to the floor, ‘BRIDGET!’ Hogan yelled as he grabbed her head from the floor and shouted at me to get some water.

Splashing water on her pallid face bought her back to consciousness with a jolt, ‘Is Isla really dead?’ she cried.

Hogan pulled her up and sat her round the table as I cautiously pulled up a chair to join them.

More questions came from the tormented parents and more lies escaped my mouth, ‘So where have you been?’ Hogan asked suspiciously as he cradled a distraught Bridget in his arms and tried to maintain his own emotions.

I looked away from Isla’s pictures as I feared they were staring at me with judging eyes and continued, ‘I was sent to the games for associating with other beings. They didn’t listen to my reasons so I was thrown into the games and fought to get free. I made a deal with the Elders but now I need your help.’

Before they could ask more questions, there was a knock at the door and Hogan went to investigate, leaving me with a hysterical Bridget begging for her daughter to come back.

Hogan returned within minutes with fury written across his face, ‘So what do these men who you owe money to have to do with it?’ he asked through gritted teeth.

Bridget stopped crying and faced me with torture in her eyes, ‘I don’t care about the men you owe money to, I don’t care what you’ve been through; all I care about is getting revenge on those who killed my daughter. Now where are they?’ she said with a new icy, composed nature.

It shocked us both as we regarded her with concern.

Bridget was always the one who would see the good in a situation.

Never one to loose her temper or display any negative thoughts or feelings, she was warm, loving and forgiving, which is why this new cold, venomous woman sat before me frightened us.

Even when she morphed into her natural state, she never enjoyed her kill and eventually only morphed when the moon forced her to, training her body to ignore its urge for blood and fresh meat, to instead settle for human food.

Wiping away her tears, she smelled the piece of fabric that I had in my top pocket, in order to inhale the witch’s scent, ‘I’ll go pack some things together and you go get Lou.’ she snarled as her eyes began to glow yellow with anger and determination.

Hogan ran over to her and held her by the shoulders, hoping to reason with her, ‘You can’t go. You need to stay here with Lou. We’ll go and sort them out.’ he protested as she pushed past him and ran into the lounge.