CHAPTER SIX - DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS (Part 2)

CHAPTER SIX - DON’T TALK TO STRANGERS

(Part Two)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

The girls were pulled from the window as they looked out in fear, ‘Do you really want them to see their mother like this; frightening them?’ the Grand Witch cried as she wriggled free, ran to the house and banged on the door, ‘Celine it’s Okay. Let me in.’ she pleaded as Celine came to the window and shook her head.

The Grand Witch was taken aback by her refusal to follow instructions and began to get annoyed, ‘Celine, it’s just me. Let me in. We need to discuss something very important. Things have changed and they need to see the girls ASAP.’ the Grand Witch tried to explain to a non-responsive Celine.

As she began to close the curtains, I knew there was a problem, ‘Why isn’t she letting you in?’ I asked as I looked at Phoenix ready to get in by any means necessary.

The Grand Witch pulled us to one side, making sure we were out of Celine’s view, and sat us down on the ground.

She sighed and put her hand on her head in distress, ‘Celine has been very close to the girls, maybe a little too close. She considers them her own children and seeing as she is not blessed to have her own, she has devoted the past few years of her life to give them everything.’ she confessed as my blood began to boil, ‘And you allowed this to happen?’ I asked, seething more and more by the second.

She held up her hand in protest and continued, ‘I was too busy building the camp to notice how much she had taken on this role but when I heard her ask Fay-Fay to call her Mummy on her 5th birthday, I knew she had gone too far. I tried to get the girls away from her but she had built a strong bond with them and they would always run back to her, so I had to tread carefully.’

‘She asked them to call her Mummy? was all that screamed through my head as I had heard enough and stood up ready to blow the door open.

Their objections were white noise to my ears as all I could hear now was my babies calling her Mummy and that was all I needed to blow the wooden door to splinters.

I walked round the corner and stood in front of it.

Holding my arms in the air, I generated a red electric bolt and aimed at the wooden entrance, ‘HEATHER NOOO!’ Phoenix screamed.

But it was too late.

With an explosion the door was blasted open and the wood sprinkled around us like snow.

I looked back with a vacant expression on my face as the pair cowered behind the corner, peeking around when they saw the wood chips settle on the ground, ‘I just want to talk to her.’ I said coolly as I walked through the absent doorway and started looking for this impostor.

The house was silent and gloomy, ‘OPEN!I commanded as all the curtains in the house responded to my magical request and flew open immediately, allowing the daylight to bring life to every room.

The Grand Witch and Phoenix cautiously followed behind, fearing my new unstable attitude as I walked from room to room, listening out for any little sound which would help me find my babies.

The search was unsuccessful on the ground floor so I made my way up the creaky stairs and entered the first bedroom.

Wardrobe doors were flung open, chests of drawers were pulled out and lamps were shone under the bed but there was no one to be found.

And then my luck changed.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***