CHAPTER FIVE - THE BURIED TRUTH (Part 1)

THE PACK

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

CHAPTER FIVE - THE BURIED TRUTH

(Part One)

Slicing the lock in half with my claws, I didn’t realise my own strength as it came smashing to the ground, making me jump into the bushes on guard, in case the noise alerted someone from the house.

I waited for a few minutes and crept out, lying low to avoid detection.

Maybe it was the adrenaline pulsing through my veins or just sheer stupidity which made me think that I would be able to hide in their garage without going unnoticed.

Tripping over half used paint cans and old toys, I made my way to the back of the garage and struck gold - an old mattress resting against the back wall with a bin liner full of rugs leaning against it, ‘JACKPOT!I thought as I assembled my bed for the night, constantly pausing with every noise that came from outside.

Hiding my sleeping quarters with dusty boxes of books, I settled down for the night, deep in thought as to how I would get Lou back without getting my head blown off by Hogan’s famous shotgun in the process.

It wasn’t going to be easy - he was an old but powerful Lycan and I knew I needed more than my strength to get past him.

******

The bitter morning air slapped my face as I rolled over and felt a cold, solid object pressed harder into my cheek.

I prayed it was a sentimental ornament that I rolled over onto as I slowly opened my eyes, knowing I wasn’t going to be that lucky.

As he stood there, towering over me, I knew I had to think quick, ‘I knew you’d be back soon enough. You’ve got some explaining to do.’ he bellowed as I held my hands in the air, knowing he had all the power now.

Looking at the dust and dirt on his Dr Martin industrial black boots, I guessed Hogan still worked on building sites as a labourer and glimpsing up at his sturdy torso, I could see he also still enjoyed maintaining his build with a few workouts which in the past also equated to participating in my new interest - some illegal fights.

At six foot in height, he was built like a tank. As he pressed the shotgun further into my cheek I could see the veins in his arms pulsating as his white vest exposed his tattoos, making the inked images stretch to cover his muscular biceps.

It was no wonder why the military wanted to use his stature and fighting skills in the army but Bridget always objected and although he was an aggressive man who always had the last word, his kryptonite was always his wife.

Just like Isla was my soft spot…however, unlike her father, I was a little harder to tame.

I cautiously sat up, holding my hands out in front of me as he dragged the gun from my cheek to my head, ‘I will explain everything but I need help. I haven’t come to cause any trouble.’ I exclaimed as he laughed, ‘You never intend to cause trouble but somehow it always happens’.

I knew it was going to be difficult to get passed him, that’s why I needed to get to Bridget in one piece and get her on my side, ‘Where’s Isla?’ he barked as his mood changed when he saw the blood on shirt, ‘It was the witch and wizard but I will explain everything if you will let me get cleaned up?’ I lied as he hesitated, unsure whether to trust the man who was always dragging his daughter down with his scams and questionable associates.

He looked around and pulled me to my feet by the scuff of my neck, ‘Just wait at the door.’ he snarled as he went into the house and slammed the door shut.

I crouched down beside the lounge window and peeked in.

Did you enjoy this part of the chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***