CHAPTER THREE - CLOUDY VENDETTA (Part 1)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

CHAPTER THREE - CLOUDY VENDETTA

(Part One)

THE PACK

Getting ripped apart by the witch’s spell, I was sure I was finished.

Cast away like an old and unwanted toy, it felt like I was in the ‘torture vortex’ for years.

Drifting in and out of my past mistakes, karma dealt me blow after blow as I witnessed all of the pain I had caused each individual over the years, feeling each of their torment and anguish as my body was slowly torn apart with each flashback.

Reliving the death of my wife, Isla, was the final straw.

Seeing the life slip away from her fragile body as she lay in my arms was more painful than my arms being ripped away from my sturdy torso in this merciless magical tunnel. ‘I’m sorry!’ I screamed over and over again but the torment continued.

I tried to close my eyes to stop the nightmare but they were wedged open, making sure I didn’t miss a second of the horrific ordeal. ‘Give me one more chance!’ I yelled as the last of my limbs floated in front of me.

Then it all stopped. Frozen in time, each scene came to a halt as my head floated around, waiting for the conclusion to this invisible lesson.

Mumbling consumed my head. Chattering and laughing infected my mind; they pierced through my brain like a pin scraping my skull, causing me to whine in agony.

The visible memories vanished leaving a murky, dark grey sphere with white floating shadows attacking my body. ‘Stop!’ I yelled as my legs and arms reappeared and granted me full movement to bat away these aggressive phantoms.

They kicked and poked me, whispering my past mistakes in my victims’ voices as they swirled around me, deriding my distress. ‘STOP!’ A deep, imposing voice echoed around the vortex as the apparitions came to an immediate halt.

The daunting voice rocked around the tunnel, shaking the swirling walls and creating groans from past visitors.

It vibrated through my repaired body as I struggled to gain a sense of steadiness and floated in mid-air.

With heavy breathing which rocked the structure of the vortex further, the voice was now present in front of me, without a formed structure to identify it with.

I could feel it smelling my fear as it swarmed around my body before stopping and flipping me around in the opposite direction. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. I waited for this dominating gatekeeper to issue its final brutal act.

‘You deserve to be left here but we only deliver the punishments here, we do not kill inferior beings at this stage!’ it bellowed as I refused to interrupt in fear of being left here any longer.

I struggled to maintain my breathing at a normal rate as it continued by saying, ‘Like the other escapees, we have decided to give you another chance. You escaped the games and we were impressed by this. But instead of leaving you in this tormenting hell, we have decided to give you another challenge. Therefore, you will have a week to make a sacrifice. You will either hand over your son to the head of the Lycan’s and never see him again or sacrifice yourself.’

Thinking about Lou being raised by those animals raced around my mind with fury. I tried to contain myself knowing that I was no longer dealing with an unknown entity; it was instead the Elders.

I should have known that they would never let me get away with escaping the games so easily.

Did you enjoy this part of the chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***