CHAPTER ONE - HIDE AND SEEK (Part 1)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

THE CRAFT

CHAPTER ONE - HIDE AND SEEK

(Part One)

The desolate landscape confused my battered mind as I looked around for evidence of my former home, ‘Where are we?’ Phoenix asked, baffled at the deserted area, where we had once raised our children.

I looked around for the camp but there was nothing, just a dusty area where my home used to be, ‘She’s moved the whole camp?’ Phoenix continued, gobsmacked, as he further investigated the abandoned vicinity

My mind couldn’t comprehend this major change, ‘Why would she move the entire camp?’ I asked as Phoenix came back from investigating. I assumed that maybe the Elders got to them which meant that they had to go into hiding.

I didn’t care why they’d moved; I just wanted to hold my babies in my arms again as I cried with frustration.

They were all I thought about during the games.

I couldn’t eat, sleep or care about anything else other than seeing my princesses again. Nothing was going to take that dream away from me. ‘Right, we need to cast a connection spell.’ I stated as Phoenix stared blankly at my stern face without objection.

He nodded in agreement and we began to chant, ‘No longer a happy, magical place, instead stands this dusty, desolate space. Take us to our camp, where the Grand Witch commands. Let us see our daughters safe, take us to our new home away from these unknown lands’. 

Whisked off our feet with a jolt, we began to fly through tunnels of energetic colours.

As we flew through blurry passages of vibrant reds and oranges, we were greeted by images of possible reasons why the camp had to evacuate so quickly.

Fragments of scenes flashed before us as we tried to gain some control over our fluid bodies as images of black misty creatures attacking and invading the camp filled our view.

Violently flying in and out of homes, executing my fellow witches and wizards as the others scrambled to cast spells to ward them off, these evil spirits relished the pain and destruction that they were causing to my fellow magical beings.

It looked like chaos but none of the scenes scared me as much as the scene steaming towards us, at warp speed.

We willed our bodies to move out of the way, looking back to see if we could hide in a corner or an alcove but there was nowhere to go.

Slowly turning back, we could feel the breeze on the back of our lucid necks as we were greeted by the final vision.

Slamming straight into us with full force, we were winded by the impact as we were sucked into the vortex of this new, powerful scene.

The vibrant, exotic colours of the tunnel were a distant memory as we slowly glided down this new passageway of greys and blacks, welcomed by gloomy images showing us the aftermath of the invasion.

The vapour demons had disappeared, leaving their devastated victims looking around at the destruction they had left behind.

Bodies of my neighbours and friends were scattered around like confetti as those who survived the battle tried to make sense of the tragedy by looking around for any survivors, ‘My babies.’ I screamed, yet the noise never came

My misty mass looked over at Phoenix as he was glancing to the left as we gradually came to a stop.

Hovering above a weeping woman, I could see that she was covering two children as another cloaked lady came over and whispered into her ear.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***