CHAPTER SIX - DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS (Part 1)

CHAPTER SIX - DON’T TALK TO STRANGERS

(Part One)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

THE CRAFT

We spent days away from our daughters as the Grand Witch attempted to prepare them for our return but just watching them play from our tents made me go crazy, ‘I need to see them now!’ I shouted to Celine as she delivered our evening meal to the tent, ‘You know you cannot see them yet. They’re not ready. You have to think about how it will affect them.’ Celine replied.

As I watched my daughters, I began to realise that Celine had taken on more of a motherly role in the girls’ lives with the Grand Witch acting as their Grandmother. As I inspected further, I wondered if the reason for the delay in us getting our daughters back was purely for their mental state.

I expressed my theories to Phoenix; however, he was just happy to be back in the camp and near our daughters, ‘I think you’re reading too much into it Heather. Just wait a few more days and we’ll be able to hold our babies in our arms again.’ he said as he pulled me away from the window flap and handed me the spell book which I had been working on to pass the time and to take my mind off the girls.

On day three of hiding away from them, my patience had worn thin, ‘What is the hold up? I’m sure they will be elated to see that their parents are not dead? Or is there something else you’re not telling us?’ I barked at the Grand Witch who came in to tell us there was another delay.

She sat down on the woven rug and lifted up her purple cloak, ‘Something came for you yesterday and that’s why there has been a delay. I haven’t opened it as it will only open either for you’ she replied as she handed us a smoking red envelope.

The old red leather remained intact as the smouldering envelope developed in ferocity when it came into contact with us, ‘What do you think it is?’ I asked her as she looked away, refusing to answer the question.

Phoenix regarded her closed, negative demeanour as confusing as he took the envelope and carefully opened the seal.

A ball of red smoke escaped the packaging, throwing us all back, unsure if we wanted to know what else would greet us, ‘Slowly open it.’ I whispered as the Grand Witch backed away further into the corner.

The smoke dispersed, leaving it clear for us to read the message burnt into this bloody, thin, rubbery sheet of A4 leather.

Phoenix held the message out in front of him and started to read it out aloud:

WARRANT OF ARREST

After considerable discussion, the council have decided that your punishment for escaping the Orcus games will be as followed:

You have one week from receiving this message to make a sacrifice.

This sacrifice needs to be your daughters.

Should you refuse to do this, then we will make the decision for you, with an additional punishment.

The Elders

We all froze in terror, ‘Why our daughters?’ I screamed as the Grand Witch tried to hush me to avoid attention coming to our tent.

She took the note in her shaky hands and read it again, unsure whether or not to believe Phoenix, ‘They must think they are a threat! They must know they have something to do with the prophecy.’ she concluded as I grabbed the note out of her hand and stood up, ready to leave the tent.

Phoenix tried to stop me but the anger had taken control now and I had too much power for him to block my path, ‘I want my children and I want them now!’ I seethed as Phoenix saw the fury in my eyes and stepped to one side, ‘They’re not ready yet.’ the Grand Witch screamed but her words were in vain as I was already out of the tent, making my way towards Celine’s home.

By throwing low voltage energy bolts in front of my path, she only angered me further as I turned and retaliated with my own electrical bolt, hitting the tent, making it burst into flames as she jumped out of the way.

The others ran back to their tents, without a second thought of trying to stop me, ‘Heather, please don’t do this yet!’ the Grand Witch yelled as she dusted herself off, jumped up from the floor and continued to use magic in an attempt to stop me.

Phoenix ran to hold the Grand Witch back as I walked up to Celine’s house but Celine ran inside and locked the door.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***