CHAPTER ONE - HIDE AND SEEK (Part 2)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

CHAPTER ONE - HIDE AND SEEK

(Part Two)

Our vapour bodies were pushed closer to see it was Celine.

She was concealing two young girls beneath her cloak as the Grand Witch announced that it was safe to come out of hiding.

The girls were aged between 6 and 7 as they peeked out from beneath the robe and slowly made their appearance.

They were beautiful.

Both with long, jet black hair, their piercing green and blue eyes melted my soul as there was something familiar about them.

I looked at Phoenix for help as he attempted to grab the children with excitement, ‘Heather, it’s them!’ he screamed as I paused with amazement.

When we left them they were toddlers, ‘How long were we in the games for?’ I thought as I absorbed every inch of their adorable faces.

I tried to hold them but my translucent mass wouldn’t let me, ‘Why are we just watching them? Why can’t we go to them?’ I screamed in frustration.

On my last question, we were ripped away from this mind-blowing scene and transported to another site.

No longer merely observing apparitions, our bodies were back as we touched each other in bewilderment as we inspected each other for any differences.

Once we were happy that we were back to our original states, we looked around for more information on our new surroundings, ‘Do you think it worked?’ I asked Phoenix as he pointed to a blurry building in the distance.

We began our trek down the grassy hill into a dense forest to explore this strange building.

Hidden behind the thickest section of the woods, stood this large, dominating structure, which looked out of place and uninhabited.

With walls so high it made my neck hurt trying to find the top, I knew that there was either something inside that should never come out or something outside that should never be let in.

Either way, my curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to know which reason it was.

Standing outside the enormous, grey wall, we walked around the parameter until we saw a strange distortion in the bricks, ‘Doesn’t it look like a doorway?’ Phoenix commented as he started to try to push the bricks without success.

We walked around the fort to see if there was another way in but there was no door or opening, ‘Let me try something.’ I whispered as I put both hands on the distorted bricks and began to murmur the ‘entry spell’, ‘Without a door, I can take no more. Grant me entry to this sanctuary. With peace and love only in my heart, please take me within this fort’.

Nothing happened.

We stood there for a second, looking at each other in confusion before our racing minds became distracted by a vibrating sound.

There was a rumble in the forest as the birds abandoned their nests for safer homes, ‘Look.’ Phoenix gasped as the bricks began to move and tremble, creating a silver outline of an arch doorway, ‘Push it.’ he continued, I did as he asked and jumped back further.

The bricks slid from left to right, eerily overlapping each other in tiled puzzle style.

The outline shone brighter as brick by brick, the wall disappeared into thin air, eventually leaving a long dark tunnel with a small glimmer of light at the end, ‘Shall we risk it?’ I asked nervously as Phoenix grabbed my hand and whispered for me to stay close as we embarked on the daunting journey down this tight, murky tunnel.

The tunnel was freezing cold and we could feel the sharp, jagged icicles stick out from the narrow passageway.

Shivering as we held each other tightly, the light shone with more intensity the closer we got to it, ‘Can you see that?’ he asked as we started to walk faster, hoping that our excitement at seeing familiar faces was not in vain.

Running so fast we could barely feel the icy ground anymore, we tumbled out of the tunnel and rolled to the feet of some imposing guards, ‘Who goes there?’ one bellowed as the other restricted us from getting up with his wand, ‘It’s Heather and Phoenix. The Grand Witch knows us.’ I stuttered as the vision of the wands made me want to jump up for joy.

The spell worked and we were home.

Well…our new home.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***