CHAPTER ONE - HIDE AND SEEK (Part 4)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

CHAPTER ONE - HIDE AND SEEK

(Part Four)

She took a deep breath and brushed her thinning, long blonde hair from her pale, aged face as she began, ‘I know you’ve never wanted to listen to or believe my predictions about the girls and throughout the years I doubted myself, but that night I couldn’t question my theory anymore. It was a year after you were both taken and I had put the children to bed. I began cleaning up there room with Celine, when I could see them both stirring. They had only been asleep for no longer than 20 minutes when Fay-Fay started muttering something quickly. I went over to check she was OK, as she had been having nightmares from since you were taken, but then she stopped. We chanted a ‘sleeping spell’ over the pair and left the room. However, 5 minutes later the house began to vibrate and the volatile motions seemed to have started from the girl’s bedroom. We tried to get in but the door was firmly locked.’  

Frustration at the way this dangerous situation concerning my girls had been dealt with consumed me as Phoenix interrupted, ‘You put my children in danger?’ he growled as she shook her head adamantly, ‘No, I didn’t know what it was. The house was shaking but when I looked outside, none of the other houses were affected. Eventually we got inside and we were confronted with Fay-Fay rocking in the corner pointing to something at the other side of the room as she cradled her younger sister. She was screaming for you both and when I went to investigate the reason for her distress, I saw you both, looking back at me. You were in some kind of carriage, imprisoned in a cage and she was screaming to help you’.

We looked at each other in amazement.

It couldn’t be.

We couldn’t have projected astrally, that’s impossible from The Underworld. 

Phoenix beckoned her to continue, ‘I didn’t know what to do. I tried to banish you but she jumped in front and refused me to cast you away. Celine tried to pull them out of the room but they wouldn’t leave. Although they were petrified, Fay-Fay just kept screaming, “The fire will hurt them”. Eventually she ran over to you and Phoenix and grabbed onto your hand. I didn’t think it was possible to make a connection with an astrally projected body but she did and with that a deafening bang rocked through the courtyard, sending the neighbours running in to see what the commotion was and then suddenly, you were both gone.’

The memories of that deadly journey to the games still haunted my dreams but I never fully understood how we managed to fix the cart.

Phoenix grabbed my head and held it to his chest, ‘I knew it wasn’t due to my magic why we survived that journey. I could feel something had taken over me but I didn’t know what so I couldn’t tell you. Our daughter gave me the power to help us all; she merged her powers with mine. She was with us, baby.’ he concluded as I began to weep at the thought of my daughter’s pain and bravery.

Did you enjoy this part of the chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***