CHAPTER FOUR - FOLLOW THE BLACK RABBIT (Part 3)

(Part Three)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Left to wait in the foyer, I observed my surroundings meticulously.

Black and white marble floors swept through the lobby which bordered black luxurious carpet sweeping up the stairs and onto the first floor.

Black and red patterned wallpaper decorated the walls as the impressive crystal chandeliers glistened against the sleekness of the paper and highlighted the swirls of the black velvet prints.

Large black candle stick holders were dotted around the corners of the lobby floor providing a cosy atmosphere for unsuspecting guests, ‘Are we staying here?’ Ki asked as she looked around in awe.

Before I could answer, one of the doors to the left opened and a group of teenagers walked past.

Dressed in an all red uniform, they walked past us without acknowledging our existence as their ‘Teacher’ led them to the room opposite, ‘Where are they going?’ Ki asked eagerly.

One of the two guards at the door regarded Ki with a kind smile, exposing his commanding fangs and replied, ‘They’re in training school. You might go there if you stay.’

Eva pulled Ki towards her in annoyance but she couldn’t break her curiosity, especially when one of the late comers came running past.

Pulling on his red blazer as he ran and slicking back his short, tussled, jet black hair, he bumped into Ki sending her tumbling to the floor, ‘Sorry’ he murmured as he pulled her back up and continued to his destination.

I could tell she was smitten already but no boy (or vampire) was ever going to be good enough for my princess, so I made a mental note of what the boy looked like to make sure she was never around him for too long, ‘We’re ready for you now.’ Victoria shouted from the door in front of us and the guards escorted us to her.

Walking into the windowless conference room, we jumped at the sound of the doors banging behind us as we were now officially locked in, ‘Come, sit. No one here will harm you.’ Cathal said as the cold stares from the other ten vampires in the council didn’t confirm his promise.

The large jet black room was grand in size and in nature.

Large red candle sticks littered the corners of the room, trying to light the ill lit room as the chandelier above shone a dull beam onto the grand mahogany oval table, surrounded by ten large thrones, with one larger chair facing the door.

Cathal was sat on this one, showing his authority within the room.

We sat down in the grand black and gold Victorian styled thrones as I tried to look confident, ‘I’m guessing you must be tired so I’ll keep it short.’ Cathal began as Victoria joined him on the seat at his side.