CHAPTER THREE - CLOUDY VENDETTA (Part 2)

(Part Two)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

After agreeing to their terms, they reminded me why I needed to follow through with their demands as they catapulted me through the worst section of the tunnel, slashing and ripping my limbs with enthusiasm, before dispelling me into the woods from the cold midnight air.

I landed with a thud and could feel the excruciating pain burning my leg. ‘Great! I’ve now got a broken leg to slow me down…I thought as I tried to stand up and look for my first meal to help speed up my recovery. Using an old oak tree to steady my unbalanced position, I tried to use my senses to sniff out fresh meat.

Although it took a while for my sense of smell to regain its full functionality, I remained focused and eventually my determination paid off.

In the clearing, I saw a fox looking for its burrow and I managed to hobble towards it.

Holding a pigeon in its mouth, it looked around, curious of the intruder on its tail.

The burrow was obviously an old one as it struggled to get itself into the small opening. That was my opportunity to pounce.

Grabbing its hind legs, it struggled and wailed as I ended my hunger and welcomed its warm blood to my parched and damaged body. Within minutes, this animal’s blood kick-started my immune system and my bone clicked into place, mending itself and restoring it to its full strength.

Testing my restored supernatural abilities, I checked my speed as I zipped through the woods at rapid velocity, bouncing from tree to tree in the process, assessing how high I could go. ‘Right, time to go get Lou and then to sort out the witch who took me away from him. I concluded as I determined that I was now ready to face any battle that would be coming my way.

However, getting Lou back wasn’t going to be as easy as I had previously thought.

Knowing I had been away for a long time, I didn’t realise how long it had actually been. Years had gone by and nothing was familiar. ‘How am I going to find him when I don’t know where I am? What if I don’t recognise him? Or worse, he doesn’t remember me?’ These thoughts swarmed my mind as I got to a main road and managed to flag down a trucker to take me to the nearest town. ‘You look like a man on a mission,’ the burly trucker commented as he tried to make small talk to mask his nervousness at my dishevelled appearance.

I grunted and refused to respond in case he was working for one of my enemies. I let my mind drift away, whilst looking out of the window trying to come up with a plan to get Lou and move abroad before the Elders could find out that I had defied them again.

The journey took thirty minutes before we pulled into a restaurant off the motorway.

More diner than restaurant, the waitress (who was no older than 25) seemed to be keen on the ‘drifter’ look. ‘What can I get you, sweetie?’ she asked as she took her notepad out of her blue apron wrapped firmly around her ample waist.

Trying to use her best flirting techniques by constantly playing with her pencil as she swirled it in her mouth, her full rosy lips rubbed off her red lipstick onto the rubber and, flicking her long, thin bleached blonde hair, I understood why her tip jar was overflowing.

‘Just a coffee,’ I replied sternly as she ignored my rejection and leaned in closer, showing there was more on the menu than a crumpet.

‘Are you sure there’s nothing else I can get you? You look very hungry…’ she commented as her generous cleavage struggled to be controlled in the extra tight blue uniform.

I chuckled at her willpower and concluded, ‘Just the coffee.’ She walked away, feeling deflated and muttering, ‘Your loss.’

The coffee was a welcome visitor to my weary bones. It provided the comfort and heat my body desperately needed to help me go onto the next part of my journey. ‘Right, if I remember correctly, I’m only 3 hours away from Lou’s Grandmother’s, so I need to get moving.’ I paused as I gulped down the last of the coffee and made my way out of the diner,

‘Wait!’ the eager waitress shouted as she ran towards me.

‘I’ve put the money on the table,’ I stated as she pulled me to one side.

‘I’ve never had a man say no to me before.’ she flirted as she began to annoy me with her juvenile routine.

‘Well there’s a first for everything,’ I concluded. All I wanted to do was start my journey to get Lou.

She flicked her hair back in annoyance and looked out the window. ‘So where’s your truck then?’ she continued as she tried to keep me with her. I looked into the car park and saw all but one car.

Did you enjoy this part of the chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***