CHAPTER FIVE - THE BURIED TRUTH (Part 4)

(Part Four)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Hesitating to have some freedom, he eventually let go of my hand and ran in front of us.

The birds in the tree sang as the sunlight shone through the branches, giving this dangerous mission a tint of tranquillity as we inhaled the fresh air and started to develop a plan of action.

As we agreed that we should break up into groups as we entered the camp Lou came running back with an absent look on his face.

We looked at each other with anxiety, hoping he hadn’t seen any other beings in the distance. ‘What’s wrong, son?’ I asked as I bent down and inspected him for injuries.

He backed away and looked me in the eyes, ‘Did these people kill my Mummy?’ he asked coolly.

I stepped back in shock at his adult question as Hogan lifted him into his arms and tried to hug away his curiosity.

It didn’t work.

I had no other option but to tell him what I had told Hogan and Bridget.

I couldn’t go back on the lie now.

I was too deep into it.

Plus if he knew the truth, I would lose him forever.

I couldn’t lose him after losing Isla too.

So I just nodded, too cowardly to actually let the lie come out of my mouth.

He jumped down from his Grandfather’s arms and walked over to me as he grabbed my hand and gestured me down to his level.

One tear fell from his innocent, glowing yellow eyes as he concluded, ‘Well they took her life, now we have to take theirs.’ and with that he continued the journey, leaving me and Hogan looking on in amazement at this new vengeful little Lycan.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***