[33] Can't See

Paps POV

I slammed my door open.

"BROTHER? WHEN DID YOU GET HOME-? OH NEVERMIND THAT. SO, SO?? HOW DID IT GO?"

I walked straight up to Sans and slapped him across the face.

"Papyrus!" Dad gasped as he was coming out of the room.

"... BROTHER?" Sans looked at me like a kicked puppy.

"He forced a reset." I was talking to dad although I was looking at Sans.

"He what? A reset? I didn't- I wasn't aware. What happened?"

"I don't have the time to explain. I have to save (Y/N)."

"SAVE (Y/N)?! IS SHE HURT?? WHAT HAPPENED?! I WANT TO HELP!"

For the first time in my life, I looked at my brother with disgust. "I've think you've done enough. I know you don't know what you did, yet... But, you actually scared me, Sans. I don't even know who you are."

I teleported off to Muffet's before Sans could get in a word.

-Meanwhile-

(Y/N) POV

"Ahh!!" I fell into the cold snow as I scream in pure agony. My soul was literally crushed into pieces. On a list of most painful deaths, I've experienced this is at least top 3.

Tears kept falling from my eyes, I couldn't stop them. A mix between the pain and... betrayal.

(Y/N)?! How- are you okay?!

I took a slow deep breath in and stood back up very carefully like I was going to fall again.

"Do you remember Frisk, Chara?"

... Yes... She killed me and I guess you?

"No, she wouldn't do that because then we'd reset."

And we did... If not Chara... Then who?

Shivers went up and down my back. I don't understand what just happened, Sans knew it was me, but he...

I threw up into the snow as my memories plagued me. I fall to my knees again, weak, then a familiar shadow appeared in existence hovering over me.

"P-paps?" I ask in a weak voice.

"(Y/N)... " I could feel Paps' eyes examining me.

"I'm okay, it just resets are really hard on my body you know?" I say as I fake a small laugh. I still haven't lifted my head, I didn't want Paps to see the tears falling down my face, I couldn't stop them.

"I-I'm sorry." Paps voice was quiet as he spoke and I heard it cracking as if he was crying. I slowly looked up at him and saw he was indeed, making me cry harder.

Was Dunkle the one that killed you?

I quickly shake my head. "No, why are you saying that? You didn't do any. You shouldn't apologize."

Paps used his hands to cover his face as he sat in the snow in front of me, "I know I didn't do any. That's why Sans... "

No... No way... N-no Blueberry c-couldn't, he couldn't!

I wrap my arms around Paps, "Please, please stop. I have to believe there was a reason for this.  Please, don't blame yourself, everything is going to be okay."

Paps quickly threw himself into my arms, "I will protect you this time."

I felt the air shift and when I looked around I realized we were in Paps room on his bed. Paps removed himself from me and walked towards the door with a new look of determination. "Stay here, I need to have a chat with my brother."

"But, Paps!" He closed the door without looking back. "... It will be okay, right? "

I still don't understand... Blueberry? Really?

"I don't get it either, I trust Sans. I do..."

...But?

"I'm afraid of him, I thought... I mean out of all my resets... He just wouldn't kill someone... Then why did he?"

You know...I can see everyone's soul, Sans has always been an unwavering solid blue. Meaning...that he wouldn't be capable of killing someone.

"But, he did?"

Are you sure it was him?

"Positive, you don't just mistake your lover. "

Maybe if I could take a closer look...

-CRASH!!-

I ran out of Paps' room to see Paps holding Sans by his shirt lifting him off the ground and into the air.

"Are you calling me a liar?!"

"Papyrus! You must stay calm!" G, grabbed Paps by the shoulder trying to snap him out of it.

"I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN YOU MY BROTHER AND I KNOW YOU'RE TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THESE " TIMELINES " BUT I WOULD NEVER HURT (Y/N)!! "

Paps eyes glowed in fury as he rose his hand about to hit Sans.

"Enough!!"

"(Y/N)... " Sans looked up at me with mixed feelings.

Paps slowly lowered his hand as he let go of Sans.

I walked down to the end of the staircase arm's length from Sans. I took a deep breath as I turn towards Sans, "You killed me, crushed my soul in your hands."

Sans world froze, "NO. N-NO, I WOULDN'T. I WOULDN'T!! (Y/N) YOU KNOW I WOULDN'T, RIGHT?!RIGHT?? I WOULDN'T, I SWEAR!!"

Sans started panicking, he was breathing heavily and was shaking uncontrollably. He took a step closer towards me carefully.
I was afraid, but I knew if I moved away now, he would never come near me again, so I let him hold me.

He pulled me down onto the floor as he sobbed into my clothes holding on to me for dear life, "I COULDN'T HAVE! I SORRY, I'M SO SO SO SORRY! I LOVE YOU, PLEASE! I SO SORRY!"

I gently hugged Sans back and softly laid my head on his. "I love you too." My whole body was trembling with fear, but my soul knew that everything is going to be okay. My words didn't seem to comfort Sans, but only upset him more.

(Y/N)... Sans' soul...
...
I can't see it...

"WHAT!!?"

Everyone jumped and snapped out of their moods of depression, anger, and confusion over my random outburst.

Sans popped his head up to looked me in the eyes, "(Y/N)?"