[6] Puzzles & More

I debated a while on what to do next, but I really didn't have a range of options.
Sighing I continued moving forward.

I walk into the next area to find a box with a [Tough Glove] sitting inside.

Take the [Tough Glove]?

Yes ♡No

I have no reason to take the glove, I don't want to hurt anyone... I never did.

I passed monsters here and there, even running into the dog that has a hard time seeing. I think he may need glasses, anyhow I spared them all nonetheless.

I walk down a small path, then into an open landscape. There stood Sans and Paps across a thin layer of ice, surrounded by snow.

They were talking about being lazy or something or another, I didn't want to interrupt them so I stood there for a moment.

*Achoo!* I sneezed calling attention to myself.

"OH-HO! THE HUMAN ARRIVES...ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

I didn't realize until now but I was still in my thin red sweater with a single black stripe and my jeans are torn badly letting the cold, harsh winds hit my bare skin.

However, I was more stupefied by the fact that he was worried about my safety. Before I could stop myself, I told a little white lie, well not a total lie, just not the whole truth.

"I'm fine! J-just a bit cold."

"OKAY! WELL, IN ORDER TO STOP YOU. MY BROTHER AND I HAVE CREATED SOME PUZZLES! I THINK YOU WILL FIND THIS ONE... QUITE SHOCKING!!-"

I smiled at Sans words basically knowing what he was going to say next.

"FOR YOU SEE, THIS IS THE INVISIBLE... ELECTRICITY MAZE! WHEN YOU TOUCH THE WALLS OF THIS MAZE, THIS ORB WILL ADMINISTER A HEARTY ZAP!

SOUND LIKE FUN? BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF FUN YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE IS ACTUALLY RATHER SMALL I THINK...
OK, YOU CAN GO AHEAD NOW."

I look at the orb Sans was holding, then back at the ice, then back at Sans...

"Ummm..."

"WHAT IS IT HUMAN? AFRAID? DON'T WORRY IT'S NOT LETHAL."

Paps was also looking at me in a confusing manner.

"N-not exactly... don't I... um, need the orb?"

Paps looked shocked like I just lit myself on fire before his very eyes. Sans on the other hand looked dazed for a moment, then...

"MWEH HEH HEH, OF COURSE! THANK YOU HUMAN!!"

Sans walked into the maze leaving footprints on the ground where he once was. I smiled wide at how silly this was and tried my best not to start laughing.

"HOLD THIS PLEASE!"

Sans held out the orb to me and I grabbed it lightly brushing against his oddly warm boney fingers. Sans quickly pulled back his hands then ran back to the other side of the maze.

Was I hated?

"OK! TRY NOW."

Of course, the outcome was now super simple so I easily walk to where the Skelebros stood.

"INCREDIBLE! YOU SLIPPERY SNAIL."

*Achoo! Achoo!* Okay, now the cold was really getting to me. I was shivering badly, every other second I was sniffling...

This reminded me of another timeline where I was left to freeze to death in the snow after being brutally beaten by the Royal Guard...

It's not a pleasant memory.

"ARE YOU SURE, YOU ARE ALL RIGHT, HUMAN?"

"Y-yeah, c-c-couldn't be b-better."

Why am I like this?

"Are you sure, kid?"

"W-well, honestly. I-i'm a k-kinda c-c-cold."

"OH NO! PAPS THE HUMAN IS GOING TO DIE!!"

"N-n-." I was cut off by Sans picking me up bridal style.

"DON'T WORRY HUMAN! I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS, WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE COLD."

My body relaxed into the warmth Sans provided. I still refused despite this, because I was really embarrassed.

"S-sans, it's really not that b-bad."

"NONSENSE!" With that Sans started to run towards Snowdin holding me close.