[5] Sans

I'm not quite sure why I ran behind the lamp, maybe fear surfacing up from when I met my Paps?

I glance over from behind the lamp and I see Sans with a stern, but not mean look on his face as he made his way to Paps.

Paps smiled kindly at his brother, "Sup bro?"

"YOU KNOW WHAT'S 'SUP,' BROTHER!"

I cover my mouth to muffle my fits of laughter, Sans' was a tiny little ball of energy. The 100% complete opposite of my Sans.  

"IT'S BEEN EIGHT DAYS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T
RECALIBRATED.
YOUR.
PUZZLES!!
YOU JUST HANG AROUND OUTSIDE YOUR STATION. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?"

"Staring at... um, this lamp.
... it's really cool...
Do you wanna look?" Paps kept glancing over at me with a questioning look and he hesitated a bit there too.

For a moment I was looking at Paps trying to figure out what his eyes were screaming to me. However, I was torn away by Sans' booming voice.

"NO!! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT! WHAT IF A HUMAN COMES THROUGH HERE?!
I WANT TO BE READY!
I WILL BE THE ONE!
I MUST BE THE ONE!
I WILL CAPTURE A HUMAN. THEN I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS-"

"PfttHehehahahHahahahHAHAHAH!! Oh my God! *Gasp!*" I throw my hand across my mouth. I lost it for a moment laughing at the 'Magnificent Sans.' I put my head into my hands listening to the sound of my heartbeat like crazy, waiting for something. I hope my laughing was worth it, at least I can die with a smile on my face.

"BROTHER... DID THAT LAMP JUST LAUGH?"

Honesty, Sans didn't look like the type to hurt anyone, but... I have been fooled by looks more than once. Besides, panic's ugly head was sinking its way into my heart again. Somehow, with my legs shaking underneath me I slowly stand up revealing myself.

..... *Silent*

I was becoming more and more on edge as I stood in the still air. I was staring at the ground and didn't dare lookup.

"PAPYRUS! OH MY GOD!! IS THAT... A HUMAN?!?!"

"Uhhh... Actually, I think that's a lamp."

"OH."

"Hey, what's that next to the lamp?"

"OH MY GOD!!!!"

I finally looked up, Sans was leaning towards Paps and lifted his hand to his face as for me not to hear and 'whispered.'

"(IS... IS THAT A HUMAN?)"

Paps did the same as Sans.

"(Yes.)"

Sans eyes turned into stars... not figuratively, his normal little white pricks, turned into glowing blue stars...
I have never seen that before,.

"OH MY GOD!!! PAPYRUS I FINALLY DID IT!
ALPHYS WILL...
I'M GONNA...
I'LL BE SO...
POPULAR!!!
POPULAR!!!
POPULAR!!!"

I was kinda confused about the whole interaction. The world I came from was 'kill or be killed,' so... someone expressing such a happy emotion was new. But, then Sans turn to me making me tense.

"*AHEM* HUMAN! YOU SHALL NOT PASS THIS AREA! I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS, WILL STOP YOU!! I WILL THEN CAPTURE YOU! YOU WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE CAPITAL! THEN... THEN!! I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S NEXT.

-My eyes grew a bit at Sans' words. This Sans didn't even know why humans were being hunted but did so anyway. Why?-

"IN ANY CASE! CONTINUE... ONLY IF YOU DARE!!
MWEH HEH HEH!"

As soon as Sans stated that he ran off into the distance. I sunk down into the snow and sighed.

"Well, that went well. You okay, kid?"

"Y-yeah, I think so... I'm just... um... not use to how the monsters are here."

"You say that as if you met monsters somewhere else."

I didn't say anything, I didn't want to lie. But, the truth...

"Well... don't sweat it, kid. I'll keep an eyesocket out for you." Paps said that with a wink.

"Hehe, thanks Paps- um- I mean Papyrus."

"Haha, no worries kid. I'll be up ahead."

With that Paps walked off in the opposite direction that Sans left.

I reached a checkpoint.

[Aware of how happy{ish} Papyrus and Sans were to see you fills you with Hope.]