[30] The Moment You Least Expect It

Sans' POV

"SO? SO HOW DID IT GO??"

I jumped on my brother the moment he got back from training with (Y/N).

"Well... she hasn't succeeded yet, but she working hard."

I let out a small breath of air, "WELL, AS LONG AS SHE IS OKAY!"

"The kid is tough, I think she'll do just great as long as she makes it to work on time."

"...BROTHER, DIDN'T I REMIND YOU TO KEEP TRACK OFF TIME?"

"What can I say, guess I'm just a numbskull."

"PAPYRUS!!"

"Speaking of time..."

"OH NO! NOW I'M GOING TO BE LATE! WE'LL TALK ABOUT THIS LATER BROTHER!!"

I dashed out the door towards Alphys' for Royal Guard training.

I just hope I can keep up. All I can think about is (Y/N), this is the first day since she came back that we'll be spending more than a few hours apart.

I already miss her, but I have to remind positive for her!
I hope this day goes by fast so I can see her soon!

Chara's POV

(Y/N) ran as fast as she could to make it to work on time, low key rumbling words of choice about Dunkle.

(Y/N) took a quick breath and opened the door to Muffet's, "Oh Deary! Just in time- Oh Honey, did you fall?"

"Huh?"

(Y/N) looked down at herself to see she was cover head to toe in dirt.

Dunkle really didn't go easy on you, huh?

"*sigh* Something like that, sorry I'll go clean up real quick."

"I'll right, Sweetie~ take your time."

(Y/N) walk to the restroom and turns on the sink letting the hot water flow.

"Jeez, Paps. Couldn't have thrown me a bone?" (Y/N) giggles at her own joke and I find myself laughing with her.

She then looked into the mirror and started wiping the dirt off her face with a damp paper towel.

You missed a spot.

"Ha, ha. Very funny." (Y/N) tried to sound annoyed, but she can't hide her smile.

I was watching her slowly clean herself off in the mirror when her image flashed.

...no... there is no way.

"Huh? What wrong, Chara?"

The mirror! D-didn't you see it?!

"...I don't see anything, but me... You okay?"

The mirror flashed again, this time I got a clearer vision of who I thought it was.

...Frisk...

"What?!" (Y/N) begin to quickly panic, "Where?!"

She didn't see her.

Y-you know it was probably just my imagination. I'm going to head to 'sleep' if you need me just call out. Don't stress. Good luck on your first day.