[7] Cute

Despite myself, I grasped onto Sans' clothes. As he sprinted towards Snowdin the chilly winds were coming at me much faster, to say the least, it was freezing.

My body was starting to get numb, and I couldn't see my face but I knew it was incredibly red from the cold.

A blast of wind went down my back causing me to shiver.

"OH NO! HOLD ON HUMAN WE ARE ALMOST THERE."

I giggle lightly at Sans, it wasn't like I was going to die.

"Okay... I trust you, Sans." I thought I felt Sans gripped me tighter for a moment but I couldn't really tell.

He was silent after that, 'we' continued running passing many things I've seen before but... nicer?

Puzzles of which were not solved. Many different dog monsters, lesser, greater, even dog marriage. None saying anything, but only because we were there for only a moment. They probably didn't even notice I was a human how fast Sans was running.

But they all knew it was Sans, he has a sort of presents that can't be overlooked... now and then...

{#Flashback}

I slowly walked beside Sans as he spoke about his brother, 'Boss' as he has many times before. Always the same...

Other monsters look at us but none don't dare approach Sans, I don't blame them he is a pretty scary dude.

"Hey! Kid!" I look over at Sans and he didn't look happy... no he was straight up pissed.

"I'm nice enough to tell you my story about my great Boss and you're not even listening!" Sans always smiled but this was a 'give me a shitty excuse and I'll kill you, smile.'

I kinda just blurted out really quickly, "N-no. I was listening, how your boss is the coolest and he tries really hard to put Undyne in her place and take his rightful spot in the Royal Guard and how no matter how much I try... he is going to kill me... like he always has..." I said that last part in a soft whisper.

"Huh..." Sans usual creep smile was on his face. "I guess you were listening. Good, it saved you a few more moments until Boss kills you so I won't have to, which is great cause I love doing nothing. Like when..."

{#EndofFlashback}

I glance up at Sans face, he was smiling a kind but worried smile. I don't think I've ever seen Sans- I mean my Sans like this.

I probably should stop comparing them. Like it or not I'm in this under-place now. Sans and my Sans are not the same... or least I don't think.

We flew by the 'Welcome to Snowdin' sign, the stores, the Inn...

"Wait!" I yelled as we passed a building exactly where Grillby's in previous timelines.

Sans stopped on a dime, which was not a good feeling. My whole body was jerked forward, making me feel like I was going to vomit.

"WHAT IS IT HUMAN?! ARE YOU INJURED?!"

"Ugh, n-no." I took a deep breath, trying to keep any food that I had in my stomach, which was not much. "What is that building over there?" I asked as I pointed at the building that now read: Muffet's.

"OH, MUFFET'S? IT'S A TYPE OF PASTRY BAKE PLACE. PAPS IS THERE ALL THE TIME, HE SAYS I WOULD GET A SUGAR RUSH IF I GO THERE... NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS... BUT HE REALLY LIKES THEIR HONEY."

"Hehe. Really? How cute!" Paps likes honey here, and my Sans was obsessed with mustard! So, I guess this timeline isn't nicer but sweeter! 

"HUH? NO, NO. HUMAN YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG MY BROTHER IS THE COOLEST, BESIDES THE, MAGNIFICENT SANS, NOT CUTE." Sans started to move again, walking this time.

"Oh? However, you can be cute and cool. Like, Paps is really cool but his action or personality is cute."

"HUH... IT SUPPOSE I NEVER THOUGHT IT OFF THAT WAY."

"Really? Then what do you think is cute? Like teddy bears and rainbows?" We reached the Skeleton Bros house. Sans paused at the door and was looking off towards Waterfall, he was deep in thought.

"Sans?"

"OH, SORRY. I WAS THINKING... I WOULD SAY, SOMETHING/SOMEONE LIKE YOU."

"Huh?"

"YOU ASKED ME WHAT I THOUGHT WAS CUTE, YOU. YOU ARE CUTE." Sans smiled so innocently down at me.

W-what... WHAT!?

His words made me bright red and not because it was cold...

"OH, NO HUMAN! YOU'RE BECOMING RED AGAIN, I WILL QUICKLY OPEN THE DOOR."

...He didn't even understand his words.

Sans opened the door and the warmness filled me up almost instantly.

[The will to feel your toes, nose, and fingers again fills you with hope.]