[15] A Kiss & Forgiveness

As I continue to write, I realized that I been being kinda vague. So, from now on you will receive longer, more detailed, and hopefully better chapters.
Enjoy.
                -FruityyLoopz
_________________________________

I wake up back in a very familiar room. I almost started freaking out, this seemed super deja vu-ish. For a moment I thought everything reset or something... but this time things were different...

This time there was a little skeleton resting his head on the corner of his own bed.

Has he been here the whole time?
And how long has that time been?

I figured it had to be at least a few hours after the run-in with Alphys if Sans had fallen asleep. I examined my body expecting it to be worst for wear, but now that I think about it I don't feel any pain.

I lifted the blankets carefully and noticed, I actually have no bandages or anything of the like, all my wounds are just... gone. I even go as far as to pull up my torn shirt, to inspect my stomach... nothing but a scar.

Suddenly, there was a light pull at the sheets. I immediately drop my shirt and shift my gaze towards the edge of the bed. Sans softly raise his head and rubs at his eye sockets as he begins to speak.

"UGH... I MUST HAVE FALL ASLE-"

Sans pause when he sees me looking at him, with a gentle look on my face. He shoots up and grabs onto my shoulders with a very worried expression.

"HUMAN?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

I was surprised by his sudden contact that I stuttered a bit, "Y-yeah I'm fine Sans."

"ARE YOU SURE?! I COULDN'T FULLY HEAL YOU."

"...Heal me? Sans, did you treat my wounds?"

Sans eyes looked dark for the first time since I met him.

"YES... AND NO. I COULDN'T FULLY HEAL YOU, I'M SORRY."

I was stupefied by Sans words. Then, I quickly found my voice.

"W-what?! Sans no. Why on earth are you apologizing? You saved my life in my condition I would have surely died. I own you my life."

Sans slammed his hand down on the bed making me jump. He looked down as he yells more at himself than me.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!! I COULDN'T EVEN PROTECT YOU! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN HARMED IN THE FIRST PLACE!! PLUS, YOU STILL HAVE SCARS."

I placed my hands on Sans cheekbones and slowly lifted his head so he looked at me. A single blue tear fell from his eye, as he looked at me.

"Sans... you can't fault yourself for something someone else has done. You were there calling out for me,
you were there to get help,
you were there to heal me when I was at my end... you did all those things, not anything else. Okay?"

"OKAY..."

I giggle and move in slowly and kiss away the tear on his face...
Then regret everything I just did, ever. I quickly remove my hands away from Sans who has the look of pure shock and lift his hand to where I just... I just kissed him?!

"I'm so sorry!! My brother used to do that for me when I cried a-and a-and-"

"HUMAN?" Sans spoke in a calm clear voice. I feel my heart start freakishly pounding as Sans looked up. I still was unable to read his expression.

"Y-yes?!" I replied a little louder than normal.

"WHAT WAS THAT? I-IT MADE MY SOUL JUMP."

My face went bright red as I tried to figure out how on earth to explain.