[13] Alphys the Alpha

After more talking back and forth between the echo flower soon we ditched the middle man.
We were laughing and enjoying each other's company.

"THEN PAPS SAID, 'I GOT A TON OF WORK DONE TODAY... A SKELETON!'" Sans said mocking Paps' voice the best he could.

"Haha! Then you said, -Ugh!! Papyrus!!'" I said in my best Sans voice.

"...HOW DID YOU KNOW?"

I covered my mouth to contain my laughter, "Lucky guess."

Sans gave me this funny look then shrugged his shoulders, "OH WELL, DO YOU HAVE ANY INTERESTING STORIES?"

Do I! I have stories for days about the adventures of my underground but...

"Nah, my life is pretty boring."

"...WHAT ABOUT YOUR BROTHER? MY BROTHER IS ALWAYS KEEPING ME BUSY, 'MOSTLY BECAUSE HE IS SO LAZY.'" Sans grumbled out that last part.

"Hehe, actually believe it or not I was the lazy one out of the two of us."

"YOU LIKE PUNS AND YOU'RE LAZY?! YOU SEEMED TO NEED MORE TRAINING LIKE PAPS."

"Maybe, but I think you might have the wrong idea. My brother was a cop, so it's hard to compete with him."

"A COP?"

I beamed as I spoke of my brother, "Yeah! He is super cool! Always protecting the innocent-"

"LIKE THE ROYAL GUARD?!"

"YEAH! Yeah! And he would ALWAYS get the bad guy! ..." My smile slowly faded. "I miss him..."

"DON'T WORRY, HUMAN! THE QUEEN HAS A PLAN TO SAVE US ALL, YOU JUST HAVE TO STAY DETERMINED!"

Determined, huh?

"I never thought of it that way... i'll just have hope that I'll see him again!"

[Believing in Sans' words that you'll see your brother again fills you with hope.]

But how? I'm not even in my own world.
Can I  even make it to the surface again?
...
...
Will everything just reset if I do?

"Sans?" A voice that sounded vaguely familiar pulled me out of my thoughts. "You usually don't hang around Waterfall on a non-training day."

"UMM-UGH Y-YOU SEE..." Sans was super flustered trying to come up with an excuse.

He was sitting in a way that blocked my view of the person/monster, and vice-versa. I tried to take a peek from behind Sans when the mystery monster got a glance at me.

"Oh, man! Are you on a date?! Ngah heh! You should have said something Punk!" Alphys leaned down and looked behind Sans. "I don't think we've me-"

How did I know it was Alphys? Because we were now faced to face.

"Ah!!" I used this opportunity to push Alphys, she was unstable from leaning over making her fall on her butt, stupefied.

I grabbed Sans's hand and ran.

"T-that was Alphys right?! Oh no! Oh no!! Now she knows I'm here!! We got to get to Paps!!"

"HUMAN..."

"She's going to tell the Royal Guard!!"

"HUMAN!"

"What if she tells the queen?! The whole capital will be after me!"

"(Y/N)!!"

I stopped dead in my path. I grabbed Sans on the shoulders and was quickly looking him over.

"W-what is it, Sans?! Are you hurt??"

"NO, IT'S JUST... WE WENT THE WRONG WAY. SNOWDIN IS BACK THAT WAY." Sans said while pointing back the way we came.

"Oh no..."

"WHY DON'T YOU TRY TALKING TO ALPHYS?

"I don't know Sans... I mean her main job is to kill humans."

"KILL?" Sans eyes were full of shock.

"*Gasp* N-no! I mean... capture. Yeah, capture! There is no way Alphys would do that! She protects the innocent, right?!"

Sans eyes turned into stars again, "OF COURSE SHE DOES HUMAN! SHE WOULDN'T HURT SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T DESERVE IT-"

As if on cue an ax came out of the darkness almost cutting me in two. Thankfully I moved out of the way in time.

"Nice dodge! But, let's see how long you can keep that up!!" Alphys was now standing strong and bravely facing me head-on.

She is a tall, yellow, lizard-like monster. She is the leader of the Royal Guard. She is Alphys the Alpha.