[29] Hot and Cold

"Again."

"P-please... Paps... I-I need a break."

Sweat pours down my face as I try my hardest to catch my breath.

"Really now? Do I need to remind you why we are doing this in the first place?"

I puff out cheeks as they cover in redness, "That was totally your fault, to begin with!!"

"Well, I don't recall my brother being such a perv until you came along. So, who's fault is it really?"

"W-wha?!" I'm super flustered for a moment then calm down once I noticed he was trying to flip it on to me. "Gr! You little- it's called privacy!"

Paps shrugs his shoulders. He is currently standing across from me in a small open field. I was head to toe covered in mud and what will soon to bruise because I keep failing.

Failing from what?
Why, training, of course.
Training for what?
...*sigh*

-Flashback-

It had been a week or two since Sans' memory has returned.
Sans and I have kinda been glued to each other's hips, the only time we are not together is when we use the bathroom. We even sleep together, but that's another story.

And to be honest? I loved it.
I enjoyed it because I love Sans with all my heart and with everything that happened with me disappearing into the void it was understandable. In fact, I didn't even notice until G pointed it out.

Sans and I were simply snuggling on the couch, watching Napstabot tops hits, which I find myself doing often. After our morning workout.
Yup, Sans started waking me up at the crack of dawn when he gets up to do a morning workout together. In the beginning, he said it was because he felt lonely and didn't want to leave me for that long, I smile and say okay then after a while it became normal.

G walked in as Sans' and my eyes were locked on the TV and stood there for a while looking at us.

I move my focus to him and raised my brow, speaking in a confused tone, "...um...yes?"

"Oh...um... it nothing really...but~ don't take this the wrong way, and not that I don't think y'all are the cutest, most adorable couple ever, but~ don't you think you're a bit too dependent on each other?"

It was an odd awakening moment.
Like if someone told you that the word alphabet comes from the words alpha and beta.
Now that it's said you look back on all those moments in life on how you didn't even notice it yourself.

It took me a second for my brain to begin thinking again, "Wow...um..." I met eyes with Sans, he had a similar look on his face.

"NOW THAT YOU HAVE SAID IT..."

"Yeah... I didn't even notice it. Huh... Oh, I know!" I jumped off the couch and grabbed 'my' or should I say Sans' old jacket, putting it on as I spoke. "I could talk to Muffet about getting myself a job, you know, to get more independent, like I wanted before."

"I SUPPOSE... BUT IS IT SO BAD THAT WE'RE DEPENDENT ON EACH OTHER? I MEAN I ENJOY YOUR COMPANY."

I was looking for my bag as Sans spoke then paused at his final words, my heart going to him because of his tone of loneliness.

"Awe~, of course, I do too Sans!" For a moment I glanced at G and he was totally giving me a, 'don't you baby him' look, "...but we are two different people- um monsters- um look! It's going to be okay, it's only when we're at work."

"UMMM... OH! BUT WHO WILL LISTEN TO ME PRACTICE MY HUMAN GREETING SPEECH?"

I found my bag and adjusted the straps.