46

a/n: oh my holy, I'm close to 100k reads

SIDE PIC OF THE CHARACTER JULIAN IS UP TOP 4 YA OR ON THE SIDE OR W/E (if you'd like to recollect your memory on this character please reread chapters 1 & 2)

<>

My thoughts start to twist, turn and flip all at once when I notice Julian.

I don't know what to think or what to do. However all logic seems to escape from me as I notice myself getting up from the booth and walking towards him like some sort of robot.

Truth be told, I don't even know why I want to speak with him... Is it for closure? Is it 'cause he's family? Who knows... Because I don't.

I lift my dress a bit to avoid stepping on the lovely material as I make my way to him. I stand still when I'm no more than ten feet away, watching him laughing with the pretty girl, from a distance. Do I act nice? Do I seem upset?

Julian had a lot to do with where I am today and at this moment, I'm happy and am soon to marry my lover, so has he really done a bad thing?

I continue to stand frozen as I take in his features from the small space between us.

He's smiling bright, his pure white teeth gleaming even in the dark light. His blue eyes, which I remember had the power to attract all of your attention, engulf your thoughts and practically hypnotize you to him, are squinted. He's always been a real charmer, the guy that would make you laugh, hold the door for you. He was seemingly the whole package, although I would never have interest in him, his personality was just... warm.

That is until he was involuntarily required to joined District One's soccer team, authorities of the Districts knew of his hidden soccer talent. I remember reading in the weekly articles about how many points he would score a game and how well he protected his field.

During the holidays was the only time when all soccer players were allowed to visit home, any other day of the year, their lives were to be dedicated to the sport. When Julian would come home to visit, I would start to notice that he was no longer the same young and happy boy. He grew out of his sweet and warm skin and became a hard-headed, controlling, bastard. I blamed his team mates, God knows what all those men talked about, surely they all influenced one another or even pressured each other.

Their negative behavior rubbed on to him, atleast that's what I told myself.

Although, he was living in a completely different world than Anthony and I. He was living lavishly, exploring all parts of the world with his team and was doing what he had to do, what he needed to do, even if he disliked it.

A part of me believed that he hated it, hated playing soccer, hated being away from home, hated not being able to support his family. For every win his team had, the District would repay the team members with delicious food, prostitutes, luxurious hotels, clothing made of the best threads and much more than I could've dreamed of, at the time.

But none of that food, none of those lavish threads and most importantly not an ounce of gold returned to the families, which meant no food. He couldn't provide for us, being on the best soccer team in all the Districts. According to every household member, the only job a young man must have is to be able to support and provide for his family, something Julian was never able to do.

He was forced to participate and was encouraged to win by his coaches and team mates. What he learned from his trainers, instructors and colleagues will leave me to forever guess. I couldn't truly understand what he's went through. What punishment(s) he would receive if he ever showed weakness, ever spoke of or against authorities, lost a game or performed awfully...

And perhaps that may be the reason why he exchanged, my presence in his life for some gold coins. Maybe he believed he had to do it, that the only solution to provide for his family was to rid of me.

Since I lack to understand his reason, do I have the right to be angry? Why should I be upset if he thought that was the best thing to do?

I mean, at first it was scary being with all those other girls and not quite understanding what was going on, but I grew onto Harry and he onto me.

I watch as Julian places his right hand onto his stomach, trying to calm down from whatever sparked his laughter. His shiny black suit shows off his wealth while his glowing tan skin shows off his health. His stiff chest is shown through the upper area of his long white shirt. He moves back and forth slightly, his laughing dying down - the many creases along the arm of the blazer are tight, proving he has muscular biceps beneath. His pants cover his long legs but I can only imagine there to be bruises and scars from games he's played as well as strong muscle on them.

The brown hairs along his beard are short and shaven, the hair on top of his head is sort of ruffled but clean, like he just left the barber, his brown hair gelled and combed. His dark black lashes flutter some more.

The girl with the sparkly dress grips onto his arms and her smile turns to a frown, she leans onto him, her chest touching his and she whispers something in his ear. My eyes widen when I notice her stare and finger pointing at me. I was paralyzed by her stare, it was... mean.

She finally let's go of his arm as his smile slowly disappears and he turns to look at me too. Both of them staring at me.

At the moment, his blue eyes seem icy, freezing me from even gasping. I let go of my dress that I held in my hand (to avoid ruining) as he continues to stare at me, his eyes digging into my soul and reading every thought that traces my mind. I glance at the ground for a millisecond, terrified from his extensive stare.

When I look into his eyes now, they're not hard and icy but a tad more friendly. His  eyes were like the depths of the ocean, dark and cold and blue.

Shit.

He looks at the girl, watching her eye me, he holds onto her elbow and whispers something to her before he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She smiles, looking down and walking away, not taking a look back at me or him. I wonder what he could've said to her.

He walks over to me, his height becoming taller as he gets closer. He was younger than me but taller than me. As he approaches me I start to notice how much he aged. He's no longer the small boy who was dissapointed at the world but a confident and alluring man.

The walk to me continues, he puts his hands in his pant pockets and licks his lips staring at the ground, like he's coming up with something to say. 

When his eyes meet mine again, images of the day were I was taken from my home and my family flash through my mind. The way he told me to have a talk with him outside, the way he let those guards remove me from his life, how he collected his bag of gold coins and kissed my cheek. "My father and brother need this money, and you were a burden. I'll tell them you passed."

When he finally settles in front of me, standing still, removing his hands from his pockets my urge to slap him across the face quickens and I do just that.

My slap leaves his face to position almost over his right shoulder, he lets out a quiet grunt like he expected it but for it to be less hard, he slowly bends his head so he's facing the ground, like he's bowing to me except his knees don't bend.

"Hello, Aunt." He sneers, finally lifting his face a tad as he looks down at me.

I grind my teeth together, my chest rises and falls rapidly. I bring my hand up to slap him again except for this time he grabs hold of my wrist.

"Please, let's talk to each other," he says. He looks to his left and to his right, keeping my wrist locked in his hold. I don't bother to look around to see if others noticed our confrontation. "Please, in private."

I harshly yank my hand from him and let my nails dig into my palms as I fist them.

"I'll give you a minute," I harshly tell him. Giving him an uninviting, unfriendly and grim look.

His now cobalt colored eyes glisten like how the waters of an ocean would shimmer from the reflection of a sunset. All the while my green eyes presumably turn to stone.

His lips break into a shy smile and he glances at the ground once more before staring back at me. He nods his head in agreement and then leads the way.