11

"Zayn? Zayn the man who rescued me?" I questioned. I'm totally surprised.

Harry glared at me as I spoke. I almost giggled remembering how difficult he was with Zayn at the fashion show. But this was no time for laughs and funny business.

Harry closed his eyes and let his head fall back. It seemed as if he was letting the memories play in his mind.

"My father arranged for her to marry Zayn. He needed for her to be with a prince. He needed to know that she would be financially secure and protected. Gemma wasn't into Zayn and vice versa, but I watched Zayn fall in love with my sister. Zayn's parents were great friends of my father. I knew Zayn ever since I was little, and I was mad my father picked him to wed my sister. Their marriage was arranged, like I said, but things were just getting hard for Gemma. She had to move out and live with him. Zayn loved her, I know he did. But he let her slip away."

I shifted in place unfomfortably. "What do you mean?"

Harry lifted his head and turned to face me, his hands on his knees.

"Gemma was so unhappy that she decided to run away. She trusted Zayn, she told him where she went, she had too and he allowed her too. She just didn't want him to tell anyone else. I went mad looking for her. My father sent squads to find her. Zayn swears he has no idea where she went, though. But I don't believe him. He loved her so much that I know he let her go, she couldn't just run off. You know that saying, 'if you love her than let her go?'"

I looked at Harry, bewilderment in my eyes. I shook my head. "Never." If only Harry felt the same about me...I could go home. But Harry was going to keep me, I had a strong feeling he would.

"Yeah, me either. Zayn told me it. I knew he let her get away. Every so often he writes me a letter telling me that Gemma asks for my well-being. He tells me that she's fine. She's somewhere and not with her family. But hell if I care, because I know she doesn't." Harry said, placing his head back on the couch, his head slightly resting on the wall. He closed his eyes and placed his hands on his face, seemingly wiping his stress away.

"I think we should go up, I know how you feel about me drinking. And I'm trying real hard to not grab that bottle." Harry said, as he got up. He reached for my hand, which I gave to him.

"Thank you, Harry." I say to him. I look him in the eyes and then wrap my arms around his neck and place my head on his chest.

I could tell Harry was confused as to why I was hugging him because he let seconds pass by without wrapping his arms around me.

*

Finallywe've reached land and it was a blissful feeling. There was some sort of peace, here at Harry's beach house, especially now since everyone was gone.

I look back at Harry, seeing him tip the captain. I waited for him to catch up to me. He walked to my side and placed his hands on my waist.

Together we walked inside of his home and I looked around to see maids cleaning the floors, wiping the tables and sorting the dishes. Harry led me to a more private area in the house that had a door which he shut as soon as we both stepped in.

"I've got business to take care of tonight. You'll be staying here." Harry said, as he rolled up his long sleeve shirt to his elbows, avoiding eye contact with me.

Business? "What business? Staying here? All alone?" I started to panic. I don't want to be alone here, I feel unprotected without Harry. The mansion had so many people inside and so many guards surronding it and most importantly I had Leah, someone who could talk to me or who was allowed to atleast. "No Harry, why would you leave me?" I moved closer to Harry and placed my hands on his chest.