Nagito Komaeda (Nagito x Hajime)

This was requested by The_OtakuQueen, and she asked for Heeey can you do a nagito x hajime where nagito has a stomach flu or something? Thhaaannnkkks

Of course I can! Thanks for the request, sorry it took so long!

Nagito, no matter what state of health he was in, was stubborn. Any member of Hope's Peak Academy could tell you that, whether a mere acquaintance or a close friend. It was an obvious observation, nothing that would win anyone the Nobel Peace Prize, but an observation nonetheless. However, just because people observed it and knew about it doesn't mean people liked or enjoyed it.

Take, for example, Nagito's boyfriend Hajime.

Hajime was one of the most patient people Hope's Peak had ever come across. He was laid back, but in a way that was still looking out for the best of his peers, including what they were doing and how they were. You could say he was only laid back if his friends weren't in danger, and that would be a fair statement that he would agree with, and it was a rare occurrence to see him agitated and stressed.

However, there was something about Nagito that really unsettled him. It was obvious, too obvious, to his classmates. Hajime might've prided himself on being a good actor, but even a delirious Nagito had to disagree with Hajime on that. You can't blame Hajime for being worried, though.

Nagito, first of all, arrived late to their "class" with Miss Yukizome, which shocked all members of their class. If anything, Nagito ensured that he was early, usually the first, so that everyone would have a hopeful and warm welcoming to their day. Whether they appreciated it or not was one thing, but to miss it altogether was something that didn't settle with any of them.

When Nagito did arrive, he was incredibly incoherent, mumbling a half-assed apology before taking a seat, remaining silent. Nagito was probably in the running for one of the most talkative people in Hope's Peak, so for him to not even mutter a sentence about hope flabbergasted even Nagito himself. How could he expect his classmates to turn a blind eye if he didn't even try and act as himself?

The next straw was Nagito's lack of awareness. Even after classes Nagito remained silent, not even uttering his own opinion in conversations. Hajime even tried coaxing a conversation out lf Nagito, but left him after getting a hum in response. This left Hajime to figure things out with the rest of their group, which was mainly Chiaki and Peko in all fairness, with a hint of advice from Sonia.

"Nagito doesn't seem like himself, does he?" Hajime fretted, twisting his hands in discomfort. Fuyuhiko raised an eyebrow, holding his conversation with Peko and Kazuichi.

"You mean the silence?" He asked. Hajime nodded nervously, and Fuyuhiko sighed. "Was kind of enjoying it if I'm being honest."

"His constant chants of nonsense was weakening the powers of my dark devas." Gundham added. "I have to agree with... baby gangsta on this."

"It's Fuyuhiko." He spat angrily. "Don't fucking listen to Akane."

"Of course, I've never seen Komaeda be so reserved and isolated." Peko commented. "Have you asked him what's troubling him, Hinata?"

"I haven't." He admitted regretfully.

"Why's it down to you to ask? If he wants you to know, he'll tell you." Kazuichi replied, stopping his tinkering for a few minutes.

"Souda, you can't be sure of that. We all know what Nagito's like." Sonia replied. "Perhaps you should talk to him, Hajime."

"Of course, Miss Sonia always comes up with brilliant ideas! Ignore everything I said Hajime, please!" Kazuichi quickly replied, Fuyuhiko rolling his eyes. Hajime chuckled awkwardly.

"Fucking pathetic." Fuyuhiko muttered.

"Talking might not be the best idea." Chiaki suggested, looking up from her game. "Nagito would never say how he truly is. You should investigate, like they do in-"

"No nerd references, thanks." Fuyuhiko interrupted, holding his hand up to silence Chiaki. "Its a good idea though Nanami."

"If you require assistance in speaking to Komaeda, or... investigating him, I'd be more than willing to aid you." Peko offered.

"Thanks, Peko." He replied, smiling at the girl. Fuyuhiko glared at him, challenging him, and Hajime quickly backed off. "I-uh think I've got it, though."

"That's not a problem, Hinata. My offer will stand if you need it, and I wish you luck." She replied politely, placing her hands in her lap.

"Shouldn't you go find him then, Hajime?" Sonia asked. "Not that we're rushing you or anything."

"Yeah, thanks Sonia. Thanks guys." He replied before standing to leave. Fuyuhiko and continued his conversation with Peko and Kazuichi, Gundham cooing over his hamster- four dark devas and Chiaki was back in her game, but Peko did give him a small wave.

Hajime might not have been the Ultimate Lucky Student, but at this moment he could've been. Well, it was hardly luck, more like logic, but Hajime didn't really mind. He found Komaeda in the male bathroom, resting against the sinks. Hajime smiled sweetly at the slumped form of his boyfriend. He quietly walked over to Nagito, shaking the boy lightly.

"Nagito?" He whispered, "You okay?"

"Hmm?" Nagito replied sleepily, sitting up a little. He rested a hand on his head, groaning.

"What's up?" Hajime asked, stroking a hand through Nagito's hair. Nagito leaned into It, content with the comfort it gave his pounding head.

"Stomach hurts." He murmured to himself. "I'm alright though, Hajime. Don't worry your-"

"Don't lie." Hajime sighed, moving Nagito so he could sit behind him. He rested his head on one of Nagito's shoulders, nuzzling his neck. "If you want, we can go back to your dorm and rest for the remainder of the day."

"Sounds good." Nagito mumbled. "Gonna be sick first, though."

Hajime chuckled, pulling Nagito up from the floor and stabilizing the boy. He put one of Nagito's arm around his neck, his shoulder under Nagito's armpit as the boy gagged, leaning forward to the sink. Hajime rubbed his back sympathetically, soothing the sick boy.

After a couple of minutes Nagito pulled back, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Hajime handed him a bottle of water from his bag, and watched as Nagito took a drink from It, leaning heavily into Hajime.

"Movie night?" He asked groggily.

"Movie night." Hajime confirmed.

They both laid in Nagito's bed that night, a romantic comedy long forgotten playing on Nagito's laptop, cuddling. Nagito had almost fallen asleep, Hajime's hand soothingly rubbing his stomach making him sleepier than he realied. Hajime didn't even notice he was doing it, watching Nagito for any signs of his health detoriating.

"Thank you, Hajime." Nagito whispered before falling asleep. Hajime blushed, a smile gracing his lips as he paused the movie. He lent over Nagito, placing a kiss on his forehead before snuggling into Nagito's back.

"Thank you, Nagito."