Himiko Yumeno (Himiko x Kaede)

This was requested by the incredibly patient Musa2210 who asked for: yo can you do a himiko x kaede sickfic like himiko has a small fever and swimmer's ear or something and kaede is kinda overprotective and goes into a worried mom mode or something

Never heard of these two being a ship, but I wanna try my hardest! Hope it's alright!

Song in the media is Clair De Lune, by Debussy. ;). Nothing else to say.

-_Sykopath_

Kaede hummed, sitting down by her piano. It had been a long day, and she always looked forward to sitting at her piano and playing her problems away. Ok, that might've been a lie, she did enjoy spending time with a specific red-headed magician a bit more than spending time with her piano, but what no one knew wouldn't kill them.

Her fingers danced around the keys, playing the calming and familiar tune of Clair De Lune, by Debussy. It was one of her favourites, and it calmed her down on the hardest of days. She'd recommend it to anyone who had problems. Maybe she could play it for her friend Shuichi. He seemed to be a big ball of anxiety. It could calm him down.

Speaking of her friend, a knock on her door caused her fingers to falter. She puffed out a sigh, standing up. Straightening her skirt, she walked towards her door, her cheeks hollow as she looked at the person who had disrupted her. Most people by now knew that her time with her piano was sacred, and something not to interrupt.

"This better be important." She muttered to herself before opening the door. Her eyes widened, letting the person in.

"Saihara! I was just thinking about you." She laughed. He nodded awkwardly, fumbling with his hands. He looked away, nodding, but said nothing. They stood in silence for a couple of minutes before Kaede decided to press him for his sudden appearance.

"Can I help you with something, Saihara?" She asked. "You did interrupt my piano time, y'know..."

"Ah! M-My apologies." He stuttered. "I-I believe Chabashira requires y-your presence. I-I uh... I-I-"

"Chabashira?" She asked, tilting her head at the detective. He hesitantly nodded. "Why would Chabashira want me?"

Sure, Tenko was best friends with Himiko, and it was no secret that they got along. However, just because Tenko was friends with her girlfriend did not mean Kaede had to get along with the Aikido Master. If anything, Kaede despised her, seeing as sometimes Himiko would trust Tenko more than her own girlfriend.

"Something to do with Yumeno." He murmured, pulling his sleeve over his hand. Kaede's interest peaked at that, her head raising sharply, her eyebrows raised, waiting for the detective to continue. When he said nothing, Kaede sighed.

"I'm assuming you've been told nothing else?" She huffed. He shook his head, apologising. She raised her hand, and he immediately stopped. She took him by the arm, dragging him out of her piano lab.

As she was dragging him along, she began thinking deeply about why Tenko would want to talk to her over Himiko. She knew that Tenko had something going on with Himiko, something she didn't like, and she knew that if Tenko had the choice, she'd try and come out on top. She halted, the detective slamming into her back. Her eyes widened, letting go of the boys arm, who cradled it close to him out of his personal anxiety.

"Uh... Where was Chabashira, anyway?" She muttered, looking away from the blue-haired boy. He looked up, thinking for a second before he replied to her.

"In Chabashira's room, I think. Either that, or Yumeno's."

She nodded, setting off for Tenko's room, Shuichi following behind her. Occasionally, she would look behind to see if he was still behind her, but other than that her focus was solely on finding the red-headed magician.