Rantaro Amami (Shuichi x Rantaro)

So not only am I focusing mainly on my other story (well, atm I'm putting it off. Cant think of anything to write for it), I'm also back at school for... six weeks I think? Til summer. So, updates will probably be scarce, but I'll try my hardest. Always will.

This was requested by a fabulous person who'd rather remain anonymous, but asked for Hey, I have a request for your Danganronpa sickfics book. Rantaro x Shuichi and Rantaro is sick

They didn't have a specific scenario, so I hope this suffices, requestee!

Rantaro's talent it the Ultimate Adventurer. They're also looking for his sisters because I'm cliche as fuck and yeah. Enjoy <3

-_Sykopath_

Shuichi sat up. Looking around, he was a bit confused, before he smiled. It wasn't the nicest way to wake up, his room swaying a little, but the soft sounds of the sea was worth everything. He couldn't really remember ever being on a boat before, but he remembers when he was younger his uncle and him went travelling to a different country for one of his cases.

Perhaps his confusion was based on the loneliness he was feeling. He wasn't used to waking up alone, not since he decided to follow the Ultimate Adventurer on his wish to find his sisters. They had embarked on this trip as friends, and had quickly moved on to much more than that, not that either boy minded.

Still exhausted, Shuichi made his way out of their dorm. Whilst the ship definitely catered to all their needs, it sometimes felt a bit too much to Shuichi, it sometimes did get quite hard to keep up with where everyone is. It sometimes got to the point where Shuichi would fear he'd lost Rantaro, let alone the rest of the crew they had for the ship.

Shaking his head, Shuichi sighed. It would've been nice if Rantaro gave him warning that he was going to be about on their ship, instead of waiting for the other to wake up. Shuichi couldn't think about that now, but he could still wonder why Rantaro had abandoned the routine they promised to stick to.

After a couple (more like twenty, but Shuichi didn't want Rantaro to feel bad) of minutes, he saw the green-haired male from a distant. He seemed to be leaning on the rail of the ship, looking out at the horizon. Shuichi smiled softly, walking over to the boy. From what Shuichi could see, he was leaning a bit too heavily on the rails, but perhaps he just felt more comfortable like that. Shuichi wasn't one to judge, especially not with his boyfriend.

He put his hand softly on Rantaro's shoulder, startling the boy. He suddenly turned around, his hands grasping onto the rail behind him. Now Shuichi was face-to-face with his boyfriend, he definitely looked a bit paler. As well as this, his hair was sticking to his head from sweat. Shuichi narrowed his eyes.

"Are you alright, Rantaro?" He asked softly, rubbing the boys arm. Rantaro tilted his head at him, confused.

"Yeah, why?" Rantaro replied, but his voice wasn't the same as usual. It was more hoarse than usual, and it sounded painful for him to talk. Shuichi sighed softly, pulling the green-haired male into a hug.

"You aren't... pushing yourself because of guilt, are you?" He asked, looking up at the green-haired boy. Rantaro looked away, settling with resting his head on Shuichi's shoulder. Shuichi shook his head. It wasn't hard to get to the bottom of people, especially someone like Rantaro.

"Rantaro." He whispered, moving the hair away from Rantaro's forehead. The adventurer whined, leaning onto his boyfriend. Shuichi smiled fondly, moving his hand down to link with Rantaro's.

" 'M sorry" The boy mumbled. "Don't usually get like this. Not sure why-"

"You don't have to explain yourself." Shuichi whispered, kissing his boyfriends forehead. Sure, it was incredibly warm, but it wasn't dangerously warm. "You should be resting, though."

"Can't let them down again." He mumbled, swaying a little, despite leaning on Shuichi.

"You aren't." Shuichi whispered, attempting to reassure his boyfriend. Rantaro shook his head, disagree with Shuichi before he groaned. Shuichi narrowed his eyebrows, running his fingers through Rantaro's hair, scraping his skull gently.

"What's wrong?" He whispered, planting a kiss on the boys cheek. He felt Rantaro shiver, and he sighed. "Cold?"

"No, 'm hot." He mumbled, coughing. Shuichi smiled, taking the boy by the arm.

"No, can't, have to-"

"Rantaro. You don't even know where your sisters are. You won't find them in the sea, I promise. Just come a rest for a little bit."

Rantaro sighed, but nodded, allowing his boyfriend to drag him off.

Once Shuichi had settled his boyfriend in their bed, he made his way to go join the main board of the ship, to talk to the crew members. However, he was stopped when the other boy reached out for him. Shuichi closed his eyes, but said nothing, walking back over and sitting next to his boyfriend.

Rantaro groaned, rolling over to rest his head on Shuichi's lap. Shuichi looked down at him, confused. He ran his fingers over Rantaro's arms, smirking as the boy shivered.

"Sea doesn't help with stomach." He mumbled. Shuichi smiled in understanding.

"Just go to sleep. I'll make it all better." Shuichi whispered.

Rantaro wasn't sure how Shuichi did it, but once he woke up in the morning, the ache in his stomach had disappeared, and the pounding in his head had faded. Not only that, but the searing pain that shot through his body had also vanished. Turning on his side, he looked up, seeing his boyfriend sleeping. He looked quite peaceful, and it made Rantaro smile softly.

He could live with this. Whether he found his sisters or not, spending time with his boyfriend was worth every minute. Whether they got a positive result or not, Rantaro could see positivity with his boyfriend by his side.

They do say in sickness and in health, don't they? Even if they aren't married...

Yet. He was sure he could throw a proposal in at some point...