Shuichi Saihara (Shuichi x Kaito)

Being the lazy author I am, I finally decided to get around to this request. I'm really sorry, SheMyCrabQueen, it's taken so long, and you're other request hasn't been forgotten, I promise! Anyway, SheMyCrabQueen (who, by the way, if I haven't already mentioned, is not only a frequent visitor of this book, is also an amazing person who you should all check out) asked for: Hey! It's me again! Could you do SaiMota where Saihara Is running a high fever but still goes to work at the detective Agency but he collapses at work, his boyfriend then receives a call about his boyfriend causing him to drive to his work to pick him up and bring him home, so he can take care of him!

Of course you can! I accept most requests, and this is 100% doable. So I suppose this is a non-despair AU type, and DanganRonpa isn't a thing? Enjoy, despite the fact it's literally one month late. I don't know why people even bother requesting anymore. Sorry.

Sometimes, his boyfriend aggravated him to wits-end, but he'd be hypocritical if he said he didn't return the favour. Neither of them were the most open and honest type of guys, but he could understand his boyfriends reasoning as to why he usually kept to himself. With his boyfriend being a detective, he couldn't wear his heart on his sleeve, and his emotions couldn't be seen by those who dared to come close.

Of course, Kaito understood that his boyfriend struggled to trust people, as he spent most of his life having to doubt various strangers. If he had to doubt them, people he hadn't even spared a second glance to, why would he trust those even closer? Surely they'd have darker ways to get to him, and manipulation would be much easier if they knew him.

However, understandment and acceptance are completely different. Whilst it angered him that his boyfriend felt like he couldn't trust him, he could understand why. He had been hurt many times in the past, even by those close to him, that it was default that Shuichi would take a while to trust Kaito, despite the risks and consequences it could lead to.

Most of the time, that usually meant an argument, or some sort of discussion. It always ended with someone (cough, Kaito, cough) caving in and forgiving each other, but it still hurt nonetheless. However, this time, Kaito wasn't sure if he could cave in and forgive his boyfriend. It might've taught him a lesson, for once.

It was one of the rare times that he didn't have to attend astronaut training. He might not have had to work, but it didn't stop him from doing his daily workout regimen, and it wasn't like he had anything else to do. It was supposed to be a pretty calm day, with Shuichi having already left by the time he had woken up.

He couldn't remember the exact time when he received the phone call, but he does remember that he was making himself something to eat, so it had to be around lunch time. As well as this, it was also a phone call from Ouma nonetheless, so of course he wouldn't be exactly rushing to answer it. Knowing Kokichi's antics, though, Kaito knew he would eventually have to answer, as he was the most stubborn kid he knew. It was most likely why the agency took him, because he was too stubborn.

"Jeez Momota, you're boyfriend could've died by the time you've finally answered!" Kokichi complained, and Kaito could feel his blood boil. Of course the self-conceited brat would only call him to annoy the shit out of him.

"If you haven't got anything important to tell me Ouma, then, 'scuse my French, fuck off" Kaito spat, about to hang up the phone before Kokichi shouted through the line.

"Your boyfriend's passed out!"

"Yeah, great prank, whatev-" Kaito began, before Kokichi cut him off again.

"Amami! Momota wont believe me! See? This is why I said you should've called him!"

"Ouma, I'm not fallin-"

"Momota?" Rantaro asked, and Kaito had gathered that Kokichi had passed the phone off.

"Is the fucking gremlin lying?" Kaito asked, clearly pissed off. He could hear Rantaro sigh.

"No, unfortunately he isn't." He replied after some hesitation. "I think, though I'm not sure, that it's from his temperature, but-"

"Thanks Amami." He sighed, shaking his head. "You can tell me when I get there. And tell Ouma to kindly fuck off."

"Noted." Rantaro laughed, before hanging up the phone. Kaito sighed, shaking his head once more, before leaving into his car.

There wasn't much to comment on the journey. They lived quite close to the agency, and Shuichi usually walked to it, so it wasn't like Kaito was stuck in traffic or anything. However, once he arrived, there was a lot to talk about. Mainly on the group of people surrounding his boyfriend.

"Haven't they got any cases to cover." He muttered under his breathe as he slammed his car door shut, alerting the detectives of his presence. Most scattered away, leaving Shuichi's usually partners against crime with the passed out boy. Kaito sighed.

"What's the idiot done now." He chuckled, walking over to the two. Kokichi smirked.

"Start a relationship with you, obviously!" He cackled, clutching onto his stomach with laughter. Kaito rolled his eyes, disinterested in his childish behaviour, and turned to Rantaro for a somewhat decent answer.

"We aren't entirely sure. He turned up and just... fainted." Rantaro explained, holding his hands up innocently. "We aren't the bad guys here, honest."

Kaito nodded, kneeling down next to his boyfriend. He carefully laid his hand on the back of his hand on his boyfriend forehead, almost hissing at the heat coming from his boyfriend. Tutting, he lifted his boyfriend into his arms, securing him safely bridal style, before nodding to both Kokichi and Rantaro in thanks to their help as he walked off back to his car.

Conveniently, as he was placing Shuichi in the car, the detective of the evening decided to wake up. In a dazed manner, he looked around, furrowing his eyebrows at his boyfriend in confusion. He sat silently, watching as Kaito belted him in, waiting for a response.

"You passed out during work." Kaito stated dismissively, knowing that his boyfriend, no matter how much intelligence he possessed, wouldn't be able to process lots of information passed onto him. "I'm taking you home to care for you."

"Oh." Shuichi whispered, but remained silent. Kaito tilted his head, but let the response drop as he settled himself in the car and drove off.

Unsurprisingly, Shuichi fell asleep on the journey back, despite being short. Kaito sighed, a subtle smile on his face as he parked the car. He returned to his boyfriend's side, being his knight in shining armour once more as he carried his boyfriend from the car, unlocking their home and opening the door, closing the door and settling Shuichi on the couch. He went to leave, before Shuichi reached out, grabbing onto his boyfriends hand.

"Will you stay with me?" He whispered, his wide eyes staring up at his boyfriend. Kaito sighed, nodding as he settled behind Shuichi on their couch, running his fingers through Shuichi's navy blue hair. Shuichi sighed in comfort, settling back against his boyfriend from the familiar feeling of safety within the arms of the luminary of the stars.

Kaito smiled lovingly down at his boyfriend, watching as he slowly drifted off to sleep off his fever. Kaito pressed a final kiss on his forehead before he himself also drifted off to sleep. 

This is so shit, I'm so sorry. I'll edit it at a later date. Thank you for 1.5k reads everyone, I'm trying to push out updates but lifes tough at the moment. Love you all xxx

Next update : Kaito x Kokichi, requested by SheMyCrabQueen (don't worry, I hadn't forgotten!)